E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Saphire Black and Black or Beige leather?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the main page, you might not get a perfect combination (you might just see black leather/black trim but not black exterior) though.

-The Pentium Guy
Old 02-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

Just wanted to add something:
My friend has an acura MDX with black leather, after about a year you can easily notice some leather 'cracking' marks and it begins to show very easily. this might be becuase (maybe) that car uses lower quality leather, but then again ALL leather ages.

I'm just saying, black MIGHT show age a little quicker (just think of a person with black hair vs a person with blonde hair and once that turns gray ... obviously the dude with the black hair will look older ).

-The Pentium Guy
Old 02-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Feb 25 2005, 06:48 PM
Try the main page, you might not get a perfect combination (you might just see black leather/black trim but not black exterior) though.

-The Pentium Guy
[snapback]94467[/snapback]
Found them - thanks. That grain on the black wood trim really isn't doing it for me - unfortunately I don't have that many options in the UK - light wood, dark wood, black wood or the aluminum cube. I really want brushed aluminum or piano gloss black, but hey, I suppose we can't have everything we want...
Old 02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by FikseGTS' date='Feb 25 2005, 10:33 AM
I'm ordering my 545i, and having issues deciding on the interior...

my current choice is Black Saphire exterior with black dakota and antracite wood....? I'm thinking this might be too dark....? anyone have this combo?

my other choice is the Black Saphire exterior with beige dakota and poplar wood....
[snapback]94259[/snapback]
I have grey dakota with anthracite wood. The light leather and trim is very difficult to keep clean and the dark wood looks a tad bland IMHO.

I think the best interior combo is black dakota with light poplar wood - easy to maintain and looks expensive.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Members

My Ride: E39 525d, orient blue with beige interior. Planing on getting an E60 535d next summer when my lease on my E39 is over :)

My car with the beige dakota leather interior is just not doing it for me, it's three and half years old.At the begining it was fine but now anybody who gets in my car tells me how it was a bad idea to get this color because it just looks so dirty now.There is no way you can keep on maintaining this color after a little while! Definitely going with black leather for my next five but with carbon black this time
Old 02-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

I just ordered this exact combo, and was also looking at the beige interior. I made my decision based on the following......

The beige is more luxury. It does not have as sporty a look. I also have kids, so I thought the black would wear better. Bottom line, a black on black on black 545 is just plain NASTY if there is not an M5 in the neighborhood. With a wheel upgrade, and the M Euro kit, you will have the hottest sedan around. Besides, the black interior is closer to a smoked grey. It is not as black as it has been in the past. I sat in a 645 coupe with the combo at the dealer, and I was sold. I think the beige would get old after a while. Just my opinion.

Oh yeah. Definite the anthricite trim. It brings it all together. Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Members

thanks for the comments... I agree, the black is not totally black, more like dark dark grey... I'll keep my order as is... black/black/black...
Old 02-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Once you get black , you never do back..................,but don't forget beautiful clean, potentially regrettable dirty, especially if you care.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

I have black sapphire with black dakota leather black shadowline trim and the only other combo I might consider is black with auburn leather, but I prefer the black interior if it comes down to it.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I just picked up my 545i yesterday, Black Sapphire with a Truffle brown interior and and Anthracite Black Maple. I have no idea why the Truffle Brown interior is only available in Canada. First thing people are saying when they get into the car is what an amazing interior colour.

Quick Reply: Saphire Black and Black or Beige leather?