E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safety Recall Screw Up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Rez
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.
Model Year: 2008

So, I went for my recall fix on Saturday and think they screwed up. What was suposed to me a minor fix has now turned into an ordeal. :thumbsdown:

When I picked up the car with the infamous swirls, I noticed that the time is not set. So I manually set the time via i-Drive; no big deal. But, after turning the car off and back on again after son's basketball I notice the time is wiped out again and also the warning triangle showing. On top of that the "car on lift" image on the information screen along with the steering with image on top with a bunch of zeros. Oh and the Comfort Access is ALSO not working!

So I call up the SA at dealer and tell him about it, and I take the car back. In a short time, the car is ready. SA explains that this is the 1st time they have encountered this performing the recall fix. (Yeah it had to be me!!).

In the evening, ready to go out to dinner at a friend's, and the car is back to screwed up, AGAIN!!!

So I call the SA and leave a message about it, and am waiting for his response.

Anyone have any clue of what seems to be going on???
Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i2008 535i Monaco Blue PP, SP, SAT w/paddles, AS, CA, L7, NAV, PDC, Heated F Seats, SIRIUS, iPod+Aux, Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim

Your battery might need a charge, or be replaced if you are on the original one.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Rez
Members

My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.

Originally Posted by baveagle
Your battery might need a charge, or be replaced if you are on the original one.
Thanks. This came to my mind too. They're picking the car up on Wednesday and delivering a loaner. Lets see what they have to say. Any battery suggestions ouside of stealer?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i2008 535i Monaco Blue PP, SP, SAT w/paddles, AS, CA, L7, NAV, PDC, Heated F Seats, SIRIUS, iPod+Aux, Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim

Any chance you put the battery on a charger and see whether that fixes it?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Contributors

Sorry you had a problem with the recall Rez. Had mine done last week and it was completed in about one hour without a hitch. No CA FOB settings lost, no preset info lost, no alerts or iDrive warnings. ... Nothing out of the ordinary.

Could it be that your car had some unresolved issues before you had the recall completed?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Sorry you had a problem with the recall Rez. Had mine done last week and it was completed in about one hour without a hitch. No CA FOB settings lost, no preset info lost, no alerts or iDrive warnings. ... Nothing out of the ordinary.

Could it be that your car had some unresolved issues before you had the recall completed?
+1, had the recall work done last week and there has not been a problem, since then.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Rez
Members

Didn't have any sign of any issues prior to taking it in. Let's see if it's a battery issue. Out of ALL these recall fixes, I had to be the chosen one!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

No issues here. Did my recall last week
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

It could be that you already had a weak battery and the dealer may have had the door, trunk open etc pulling it down. Before I changed my battery I would get similar issues if I was in and out of the car over a weekend but didn't drive it. After changing the battery, all was ok. I went with the Auto Zone battery Gold version. Can't remember the exact name, but was given the info from this forum. The Ca and Cca were an exact match. Their books show a different battery so if you go with an aftermarket one, just make sure the specs are the same. Hopefully the dealer will change out yours though. If you are still under warranty I hear they will.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

I dread these stories. Go into the dealership with a perfectly working car and come out with a sh!t load of problems. Sometimes I think the stealerships do this on purpose.

Quick Reply: Safety Recall Screw Up?