E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runflat Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I have an American spec 2007 530i with runflat tires that have been removed for the winter and non-runflat tires have been put on. Is there a way to turn the runflat warning light off during times I am not using runflat tires? I went to the BMW dealership here in germany and asked about turning it off but was told it is not possible, even if I brought the vehicle to a dealership in the USA.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by marathonchief' post='491786' date='Nov 8 2007, 01:13 PM
I have an American spec 2007 530i with runflat tires that have been removed for the winter and non-runflat tires have been put on. Is there a way to turn the runflat warning light off during times I am not using runflat tires? I went to the BMW dealership here in germany and asked about turning it off but was told it is not possible, even if I brought the vehicle to a dealership in the USA.

Thanks for the help

I think all you would have to do a least with my '06 is reset the system, it runs off the abs system and looks for different spin rates, your warning should cease once you reset it.

DanR - 2006 550i - 32,000 miles
Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Dear marathonchief,

No, but do update the iDrive when you change the wheels (and tires).

The non RF winter tires are much more soft, so some insignificant warnings will come at speeding.

Use high pressures in winter.

Update your car facts and tires details for better info.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

You need to get TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors) for your winter wheel setup to make the error go away. And like Ricracing said, reset your the TPMS in iDrive after you get them installed.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Can't recall when the switch was made from the FTM system to the TPM system, but look in your iDrive. If it says FTM, it is the old system that uses the ABS sensors to detect wheel spin. If it says TPM, then Knightcom is correct, you need sensor for your winter wheel set up.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

I believe 2007 and up use TPM. I have a 2007 and I transferred my sensors from my stock wheels to my aftermarket set.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='491799' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:28 AM
You need to get TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors) for your winter wheel setup to make the error go away. And like Ricracing said, reset your the TPMS in iDrive after you get them installed.

+1 and if it is TPMS you may need to have the wheel sensors "synched" with the computer in the car. Some systems auto synch and other will not and will continue to throw error codes until you have them synched.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Members

Thanks to everyone who responded back but after several attempts at getting the runflat/low tire pressure light off, it did not work.

Also, if anyone can offer assistance on how update my profile with my vehicle info, that would be very much appreciated.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by marathonchief' post='492510' date='Nov 10 2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded back but after several attempts at getting the runflat/low tire pressure light off, it did not work.

Also, if anyone can offer assistance on how update my profile with my vehicle info, that would be very much appreciated.
When logged in, click on My Controls (Top Center of Screen), then select Edit Profie (Lower Left of Screen). Here you can modify your signature.

My 2008 requires the TPMS sensors to be installed in order to work. When working properly, the status will either be green (normal) or red. The status will show gray if you use wheels that do not have the sensors installed.

Once you mount the wheels or adjust tire air pressure you have to reset the montor via iDrive while the vehicle is in park. Then you drive the car normally, the system will then store the new "normal" readings.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka' post='492550' date='Nov 10 2007, 07:33 AM
When logged in, click on My Controls (Top Center of Screen), then select Edit Profie (Lower Left of Screen). Here you can modify your signature.

My 2008 requires the TPMS sensors to be installed in order to work. When working properly, the status will either be green (normal) or red. The status will show gray if you use wheels that do not have the sensors installed.

Once you mount the wheels or adjust tire air pressure you have to reset the montor via iDrive while the vehicle is in park. Then you drive the car normally, the system will then store the new "normal" readings.
i need help mighty experts... so i have a 2004 BMW E60 most likely with FTM. I have run flats if I replace them with non-run flats it's fine right? there's no sensors in my tire? i just have to reset via idrive. has anyone replaced run flats with non run flats.. everything ok?

Quick Reply: Runflat Warning Light