E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Run Flat Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Is there a service bulletin for replacing run-flats. I have searched the forum and found lots of information but I would like something to hand to my Center.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I don't know if there's a specific service bulletin but I do know that BMW is dealing with this on a case-by-case basis. The dealer has to open a "PUMA case" with BMW and give them the specifics on the problem (like tread depth at different points, mileage, etc.) for BMW to determine what type of compensation, if any, is warranted.

What dealer in Pittsburgh are you using?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Mar 29 2005, 08:32 AM
I don't know if there's a specific service bulletin but I do know that BMW is dealing with this on a case-by-case basis.? The dealer has to open a "PUMA case" with BMW and give them the specifics on the problem (like tread depth at different points, mileage, etc.) for BMW to determine what type of compensation, if any, is warranted.

[snapback]108191[/snapback]

I am using A&L. Is there a better Center in Pitt.?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I am concered my 545 will need new tires. It would be great to have as much info on this as possable.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Mar 29 2005, 11:07 AM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Mar 29 2005, 08:32 AM']I don't know if there's a specific service bulletin but I do know that BMW is dealing with this on a case-by-case basis.? The dealer has to open a "PUMA case" with BMW and give them the specifics on the problem (like tread depth at different points, mileage, etc.) for BMW to determine what type of compensation, if any, is warranted.

[snapback]108191[/snapback]

I am using A&L. Is there a better Center in Pitt.?
[snapback]108233[/snapback]
[/quote]
<thread hijack mode = on>

I had experience with A&L with a Jaguar many years ago and I wasn't that impressed (at the time, they were the only Jag dealer in town.) If you live out that way, you may find that they're your best option but I have to say that Bobby Rahal's dealerships set (and raise) the bar as far as customer satisfaction in Pittsburgh area. They are fairly new to BMW in Pittsburgh since they just bought what was Three Rivers BMW last year but they've already taken that dealership to a new level and they've just broken ground on a new facility just down the road from where they are so that they can raise the bar once again.

I can't say enough about my experiences with "Team Rahal" -- I've dealt with them since they first came to town with Mercedes-Benz some years ago. They really seem to be committed to our market with all the outlets and marques they've added.

Again, I'm not slamming A&L BMW since I've never used them. If you're happy there and they're convenient to your home or business, you're probably not going to trek all the way to Rahal. On the other hand, if you live somewhere else, you owe it to yourself to give them a try if you're looking to switch.

(One more thing ledbettm, check your PM. I replied to a message you sent me a few weeks ago but I see you haven't read it yet...)

<thread hijack mode = off>
Old 03-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Members

I have a March '04 build 545i with 13.5k miles on the clock. I recently brought the excessive tire noise to the attention of my dealership, and told them to do exactly as Rudy had written above (i.e., open PUMA case, etc.)

My service advisor came back and told me that BMW was willing to cover 50% of new Dunlop runflats, and that I'd have to pay for the rest. I told him to tell BMW that I wasn't happy with their offer, since I didn't want the Dunlop runflats again even if they were 100% free (aside from noise, they've always been prone to vibrations, etc.) However, I told my service advisor that I'd be satisfied if BMW would give me cash value for 50% of the Dunlops (no skin off their back) so that I could buy a set of tires of my choice (and paying for the difference out of pocket). My service advisor told me that he'd talk to BMW again and see what they could work out. In any case, I heard yesterday that BMW was going to cover 100% of my tire replacement (50% of that they called "goodwill"), and would let me get the Bridgestone Run-Flats. I'm very satisfied with this outcome, and must say that BMW has made me very happy.