E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rubber mats for e60

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:55 PM
simon

There are some images of e60 accessories posted at e60.doit.wisc.edu posted by beemer. My BMW local uk dealer tells me that the rubber mats pictured do not exist. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

btw: I took my e60 into the dealer yesterday to have the iDrive upgrade. Dropped the car off at 9:30am , called back at 4pm, and they hadn't started the job yet, so took the car home without it being done. This is my first BMW , I purchased the service package with the car - so far not so good! <_<

Thanks
Simon
new e60 owner
Old 01-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got my rubber floormats last week, i'm here in the US took about a week to come in, $50 for the front and $30 for the rear

there's a BMW catalog of factory accessories for the E60 and it's in there, ask you dealer for a copy.

what I-Drive upgrade were you trying to get done?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Members

Forget about the original BMW rubber mat. I being kiasu king, bought the normal rectangular rubber mat from the petrol kiosk and I cut in based on the footprint of the original floor mat in my E60. The rubber mat costs me only S$4 (US$2.35) per piece and it looks great and fully functional. I place the rubber mat on top of the original mat. For a country like Singapore where it rains often, a rubber mat is a must. You guys in US may not need a rubber mat.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Members

I purchased a set of the Cannon rubber mats from Weathertech (sp ?) for my BMW 545. They are widely advertised in Road and Track and the other car magazines. I have a set in my Acura MDX and have been very satisfied with them. The ones for the BMW fit very well....almost like a custom fit and I highly recommend them. They cost about $90 US for the set, front and back.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:45 PM
adm

Spoke to my dealer about SW upgrades today when I picked up my car. He told me that in 2004, BMW will be installing broadband links into their European dealerships (can't tell you about NA) to ensure that every dealer always has the latest SW upgrades on site at all times.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

BTW - my car DOES play mp3 tracks on CD.

What's more - what is this "lawsuit" screen I keep hearing about that the i-Drive in NA displays on start up ? Mine does nothing like that at all....
Old 01-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

Could you provide a pictuure of the mp3 interface on iDrive - or are you simply referring to mp3 burned in the regular audio cd format?

In case not; when was your soft/firmware updated?

-paasan
Old 01-07-2004, 03:15 AM
adm

So - I've checked this out now, and the car does not play MP3s ! The dealer left a CD in the changer which he said had MP3 files on, but looking at the CD on a PC, they are standard audio files......

I've just burned a CD of my own full of real MP3s, but it doesn't work in either the dashboard drive or the changer.

Called the dealer and explained, and they said the car WILL support true MP3, but not until February/March.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

Anyone know why there aren?t any fasteners to hav e the rubber mats in place, just like in the E39.

You always find the mat up over the pedals!
Old 01-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by adm' date='Jan 7 2004, 06:15 AM
Called the dealer and explained, and they said the car WILL support true MP3, but not until February/March.
Hallelujah!

I tought i was paranoid about the MP3 player.

Will it be available as software upgrade or just in the cars that will be made then?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by simon' date='Jan 3 2004, 02:55 AM
There are some images of e60 accessories posted at e60.doit.wisc.edu posted by beemer. My BMW local uk dealer tells me that the rubber mats pictured do not exist. Can anyone shed any light on this ?
Hi,

I got my original bmw rubber floormats in beige back in december. In black, they were available since october. And they have some fastening system (i dont know the exact word they are called in english ). Also the drivers mat has a piece of velur just under the pedals.

Quick Reply: rubber mats for e60