E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPA Tyre Pressure Monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am based in U.K. and i am trying to find out if the monitoring sensors is on the tyre rim
or does it work on any diffrent system.

My dealer has told me that it is related to the tyre valve on the rimm ?, i do not think
he knows what he is taking about.

I have had lots of options fitted to my 535d SE Auto and the dealer has had problems
explaing me how the options work as the car's instruction book does not cover
all the new options such as advance voice control. Does any one have any infomation
hoe to get the latest operating instructions on new options fitted to the car.

Any reply's would be greatley appriaciated.

Thank you

Lalji
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LALJI' post='204625' date='Nov 29 2005, 08:54 AM
I am based in U.K. and i am trying to find out if the monitoring sensors is on the tyre rim

My dealer has told me that it is related to the tyre valve on the rimm ?, i do not think

I have had lots of options fitted to my 535d SE Auto and the dealer has had problems
all the new options such as advance voice control. Does any one have any infomation
This old chestnut...

Look here FAQ
Old 11-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Sport Touring, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Maple Wood interior trim "How much more black could this be? And the answer is ‘None. None...more black’ " - David St Hubbins, Spinal Tap

Where do they find these morons....
Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by idoru' post='204647

Where do they find these morons....
[/quote]
Default qualification for most dealerships...
Old 11-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

OMG who the heck is the dealer???? Does he sells bicycles too.

RPA has nothing to do with the wheel or rim. It is computer based thing inside of the cars computer reading data via ABS sensors.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='204659' date='Nov 29 2005, 12:24 PM
OMG who the heck is the dealer???? Does he sells bicycles too.

RPA has nothing to do with the wheel or rim. It is computer based thing inside of the cars computer reading data via ABS sensors.
To be fair both systems are out there, the E39 used them I believe... There's talk of the E60 returning to individual sensors and senders... (Can tell you which individual tyre is low and what each pressure is)
Old 11-29-2005, 04:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Any reply's would be greatley appriaciated.

Thank you

Lalji

My "tip of the week" is to invest in a ?5 - ?10 digital pressure guage (available from Halfords and most other good car accessory outlets) and keep it in the boot, so when the RPA monitor says you have a flat, you can quickly determine which one it is (or whether it's a false alarm).

If BMW had any sense, they'd supply one of these inexpensive items with the car - maybe with the glovebox torch (for those of you who have them again on the later models!). One for the "BMW suggestion box"?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kev525' post='204682

My "tip of the week" is to invest in a ?5 - ?10 digital pressure guage (available from Halfords and most other good car accessory outlets) and keep it in the boot, so when the RPA monitor says you have a flat, you can quickly determine which one it is (or whether it's a false alarm).

If BMW had any sense, they'd supply one of these inexpensive items with the car - maybe with the glovebox torch (for those of you who have them again on the later models!). One for the "BMW suggestion box"?
[/quote]
That's a great idea - I've got the gauge but leave it in my garage!!!

I think the BMW route would be fruitless even though it would cost pennies! :thumbsdown:
Old 11-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

The E38 7 Series here came out with a digital pressure guage aswell as the torch
Old 12-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Members

Can you guy tell me why is the RPA supposed to make an alarm when you drive your car in a rutted country road?
I suppose it's for the different round movement of teh four wheels but then I ask myself: why doesn't it alarm when you make the wheels spin on a wet floor?
Thanks

Quick Reply: RPA Tyre Pressure Monitoring