E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Right Front Parking Lamp Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i It's Black on Carbon Black, Aluminum, HUD, CWP, NAV, M-Sport Pkg

Got an error message this morning that my right front parking lamp was malfunctioning. Sure enough the angel eyes on the passenger side flicker a few times, then are ok for a minute or so then flicker again. Has anyone experienced this? I would think that a bulb problem would not come and go so this is possibly something else? Dealer's labour rate is $135 an hour so if this is something that I can DIY I'd give it a try.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Contributors

First thing I would do is check to see if the wire harness became loose which sounds like the problem. Put your hand behind the light fixture and right behind the turn signal, see if that is loose. If not, I would remove the headlight cover (screws off from the back) and check for something loose.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i It's Black on Carbon Black, Aluminum, HUD, CWP, NAV, M-Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by Howitzer
First thing I would do is check to see if the wire harness became loose which sounds like the problem. Put your hand behind the light fixture and right behind the turn signal, see if that is loose. If not, I would remove the headlight cover (screws off from the back) and check for something loose.
Thanks Howitzer! I'll check it out as soon as i get home from work.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

sometimes a loose filament in the bulb causes this.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

yup. It can probably be a loose filament. Remove the bulb and check. Worse case scenario, it's time to upgrade!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
yup. It can probably be a loose filament. Remove the bulb and check. Worse case scenario, it's time to upgrade!
On this car, both angel eyes on each side light up as park lights. Don't know if that's just a Canada thing or what. But thanks for replying!!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Interesting timing! my '06 got the same message last week! I think we have a good indication of the life expectancy of the OEM angel eye bulbs or not

Anyway, I ordered some MTEC replacement bulbs from brabusw209amg.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dlight
On this car, both angel eyes on each side light up as park lights. Don't know if that's just a Canada thing or what. But thanks for replying!!
yes, angel eyes come on with the parking lights.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Members

Hi guys,.. similar prob. started showing "Front Left Parking Light error" off and on for few weeks. Noticed front left angel eye wont turn on first and then if light turned off and back on then would come up with no error. Wonder if its the bulb prob. as you guys mentioned.
If so, then I would want to put oem replacment bulbs. Any ides about bmw part number for the bulbs. Mine is 2006 525i without xenon.

Thanks all
Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by chauds2000
Hi guys,.. similar prob. started showing "Front Left Parking Light error" off and on for few weeks. Noticed front left angel eye wont turn on first and then if light turned off and back on then would come up with no error. Wonder if its the bulb prob. as you guys mentioned.
If so, then I would want to put oem replacment bulbs. Any ides about bmw part number for the bulbs. Mine is 2006 525i without xenon.

Thanks all
bulb costs around thirty something from the dealer. dont know the part number, but its a specialty bulb only the dealer has, unless you go with aftermarket style bulbs.

its kinda funny. one of my angel eye bulbs was acting up. i tappped on the headlight to get it working, and its been working good for the last few months.

Quick Reply: Right Front Parking Lamp Malfunction