E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:44 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i
Default Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...

...So what system do I have?

I'm looking to upgrade to CIC, but I think I may already have the unit
Do I need to just change out the screen and activate navi?

My car is a 2010 535i LCI July 2009 build.
I all ready have the idrive controller with the buttons and the aux/USB in the center armrest.
The center console looks like the ones' that already have CIC...???
I'm totally confused as to what I need to upgrade because it seems like I have some of the parts.

Please help. I've attached a few pics.
Thx in advance guys!
Attached Thumbnails Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...-img_2889.jpg   Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...-img_2890.jpg   Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...-img_2892.jpg   Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...-img_0119.png   Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...-img_0120.png  

Riddle me this...CCC, CIC, MASK???...-img_0121.png  
Old 11-14-2016, 09:46 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

What you have is MASK. because your car is a 2010 you already have the updated controller. Other then that cant help you out, haven't done this myself.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:10 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by DanielFD
What you have is MASK. because your car is a 2010 you already have the updated controller. Other then that cant help you out, haven't done this myself.
Ok thank you...
Old 11-27-2016, 12:34 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530i 2008 LCI
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N52

You have M-ASK , for CIC upgrade you need to change the head unit, the screen, and also some cables. New CIC screen doesn't have the current cable, it's based on LVDS and it has less pins, and other plugs.

Other than that, your center trim stays the same, as you have the new controller, your center console (Head unit trim) stays the same as the CIC is also with one DVD player, you might want to check the part number on the iDrive controller to be compatbile with the CIC you are buying. Some of them have issues, maybe they can be upgraded with WinKFP (the module name is ZBE for the idrive controller).

Look around the forum, there are some DIY excellent write-ups by people who retrofitted CIC.