E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retofit a AUX(3.5mm Jack) and Mpr for CDC

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

as the title says, i have recently taken my car to the dealer after booking over the phone.

the initial phone call request went something like this

Can i get my CD Changer coded to play Mp3's, YES
Can i also add a aux input, YES
How much? $400AUS

okay, so a little expensive, but it was what i wanted.

so... get the car back... costing $518AUS... only reason for difference in price was that the original was an estimate.
get home, plug in my iphone......Nothing. No sound!!!!
Put an MP3 CD in the changer....NOthing. does not recognise it. Same with the cd dirve on the dash!

Call them up...ohh okay, bring it it tomorrow.
so tomorrow caim...

First the guys tells me that i am using the wrong cable...we are talking about a 3.5mm jack headphone cable...he said i needed an apple version of the cable...SO, after he gave me that crap, i quickly shot him down.

Then he is now saying that i need to disconnect my changer as i can only use one of the two audio sources.
So now i have to choose aparently....CDC or AUX - (Or spend an extra $1000AUS on a radio part to get this working)
Which means i loose all control of song selection through steering wheel and is FRANKLY NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!

ANYWAY!!! Can anyone Help me. I was wondering if it is possible to run an AUX 3.5mm jack input AND a CDC with out this bullshit on a Pre-LCI

HELP!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

The CD-changer can not play mp3`s only the idrive cd or dvd drives, you were mis-informed im afraid.
My pre-lci came from the factor with cd-changer and aux input fitted.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

Have a look at https://5series.net/forums/topic/53359-aux-input-diy for a partial fix. The way to get "reasonable" sound this way I understand is to have the car coded for phone.

I would seriously look for a refund from your $tealer. He either mislead you on the capability of your changer, or was just incompetent in not knowing! You would have thought they would have tested it before handing the car back!

Mike
Old 08-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Members

Yer, Thanks mike,

I am seeking refund as we speak from the "$tealer"!
They are going to remove the part and and code my CDC to play mp3 (Free of Charge)
But this is what was ment to be in the first place.

TOday, Also, i noticed that i had no BASE sound...cound they have removed this in the software retrofit. cause it is terrible.. no base at all!

I know it was fine when i took it in... I cannot beleive that i am getting this crap through a dealer.. this is the only reason i went to them rather than some cowboy autoelectric.... :thumbsdown:
Old 08-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

They could have screwed up your audio system with the recode. Hopefully the bass will return when they get it right. I have HiFi speakers (between stock and Logic 7)and the lack of bass with the Aux is noticeable, the lack of rear speakers compounded by no output from the woofers under the front seats.

I haven't used the Aux for many months - if I need mp3, I just put the ear buds in!

Mike
Old 08-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlwynMike
They could have screwed up your audio system with the recode. Hopefully the bass will return when they get it right. I have HiFi speakers (between stock and Logic 7)and the lack of bass with the Aux is noticeable, the lack of rear speakers compounded by no output from the woofers under the front seats.

I haven't used the Aux for many months - if I need mp3, I just put the ear buds in!

Mike

Hmm I have the exact same issue, next to no bass from AUX. I was gonna complain at the dealership but could you give me more insight as to why it's not producing bass? The subs under the seats don't function through AUX?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

There was a thread about modding the aux cable so the cable will produce bass and louder volume.

Basically it involves removing the resistor and the board, and soldering the three wires back together.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Scoops
Hmm I have the exact same issue, next to no bass from AUX. I was gonna complain at the dealership but could you give me more insight as to why it's not producing bass? The subs under the seats don't function through AUX?
I thought the lack of bass was a coding issue in my case because I was wired to the phone input which won't need subs as phone doesn't have enough bandwidth to use them properly - could be wrong though as it's just what I've picked up here and there.

The subs should function with AUX, particularly if it is a $tealer fit.

Mike
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Members

Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys,

Car is in today. Hopefully, everything is fixed.

I am just imagining a week ago, i was $500 up and no issues...just a dream
NOW, $500 down and nothing is working properly!
Not very impressed with BMW Stealer at this point...

I will keep ya all informed.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ulvit
Not very impressed with BMW Stealer at this point...
Oh the joys of "prestige" car ownership!

Unfortunately all too common.

Quick Reply: Retofit a AUX(3.5mm Jack) and Mpr for CDC