E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Restraint System Faulty"

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010 | 02:49 PM
Members

OKay Back from the dealer...

Plenty of Bullshit from that experience, but for this topic, they said it is the passenger side front seat mat sensor.
It has thrown the error 3 times...

CURIOUS? Is there a bypass so i do not need to pay the $990 if this happens again...(Or use a bypass before it does..?
Old 08-18-2010 | 08:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ulvit
OKay Back from the dealer...

Plenty of Bullshit from that experience, but for this topic, they said it is the passenger side front seat mat sensor.
It has thrown the error 3 times...

CURIOUS? Is there a bypass so i do not need to pay the $990 if this happens again...(Or use a bypass before it does..?

Yea I just want to disable it. This error doesn't effect the driver side airbag does it? I'll just let my passengers know they need to wear a helmet.
Old 08-18-2010 | 09:01 PM
Members

ha ah aha...
but seriously, is there...
i have heard so many storeys of repeated errors after fixes....

does the airbag have this feature (where it doesn't deploy if no one is sitting there) on all models...?
Old 08-20-2010 | 02:56 PM
Members

Hi Mate,
I had a seat mat failure. Went on ebay and paid £8. Thought this wont work. 10 minutes to do the job. Under the seat there is a cable going to a black box. Cut the cable halfway to the seat and bare the ends and attach to the bypass unit.

I had some diagnostics to switch the airbag light off. If you dont have you will need to get the light switched off. A clever little unit, you dont get a seatbelt warning if the person on that seat doesnt put a seatbelt on.

Beats paying 100s though. Light has never came back on.

Good Luck

Fraseman
Old 09-08-2010 | 09:09 AM
Contributors

Anyone know if this works on North American cars? My car isn't covered under the recall nor is warrantied.

Originally Posted by fraseman999
Hi Mate,
I had a seat mat failure. Went on ebay and paid £8. Thought this wont work. 10 minutes to do the job. Under the seat there is a cable going to a black box. Cut the cable halfway to the seat and bare the ends and attach to the bypass unit.

I had some diagnostics to switch the airbag light off. If you dont have you will need to get the light switched off. A clever little unit, you dont get a seatbelt warning if the person on that seat doesnt put a seatbelt on.

Beats paying 100s though. Light has never came back on.

Good Luck

Fraseman
Old 09-15-2010 | 04:29 AM
Members

If your looking for restraint cables I suggest using http://www.cmacable.com
Old 09-15-2010 | 01:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aiyanalunette
If your looking for restraint cables I suggest using http://www.cmacable.com
um, Not really what the forum is about love
Old 09-15-2010 | 05:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by parmblagan
hi guys

i jus had this problem fixed a few days ago from dealers.....at first i had the lights switched of by independent garage, but it come on again, this happened twice.....so it wasnt a random code in my case. had it checked from dealer,where my mate works. And he advised high resistance in around the explosion cable/battery cable.

worst case, new battery cable at about £100, or he said he thinks its the little wire that attaches to the battery cable, at a cost of £30. so he replaced the cheaper one first, and this seems to have fixed it now.

hope this helps you
wow nice dude. thanks!
Old 09-15-2010 | 06:50 PM
Senior Members

same thing happened to me like a month ago on my 06 M5. It was a battery cable. there was a big buble in the cable that threw off the errors.
Old 09-17-2010 | 01:48 AM
Members

Hi, am new here and just bought a used 530 and it has this problem Restraint Systems Faulty. I've told is that mat sensor and dont want to change it before am sure thats the problem. Can one of you guys tell me about the wire connected to battery? Which one is that and where it leads? Picture would be the best!

Thanks in advance Agron!

Quick Reply: "Restraint System Faulty"