E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Restraint System Faulty"

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info parmblagan,

thanks. i will mention this when i get mine checked in a week.
It is always concerning when the service centre is always booked out....
Old 08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Members

Hey Guys and girls,

i have attached some pics of the errors i am getting.
One is the screen, and one is the dash...
i am still in the process of booking it in, but thought i should share
Attached Thumbnails "Restraint System Faulty"-img_06071.jpg   "Restraint System Faulty"-img_06081.jpg  
Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530D M Sport E60, media pack, bluetooth, pro nav system

I've just had that very same thing come up on my idrive. I'd had my car in the paint shop getting a new rear bumper fitted (got rear ended, it didn't look bad but needed new bumper) anyway, I had them do some paint work on the alloy shell that holds the mirrors on. Well when I picked the car up, the restraint system faulty light came on and the clock also needed reseting?? Wtf So I asked the paint shop if the battery had been disconnected, no was the reply, but Funnily enough, I do remember a battery charger sitting next to my car when I picked it up......... So I took the car to the guy who works on my car, (an independent) I told him what had happened and he reckons they (the paint shop) must have flattened the battery, radio on, doors open, whatever, jumped the car, triggered the restraint problem, and the clock needing resetting. He plugged in his little fault finding jobby/gizmo in the door piller, reset it all, swithed the car off then on, sorted in less the its taken me to type this all out (5 mins for him, damn sight longer for me), he didn't even charge me, top bloke
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

As mentioended on the thread some 8 lines down.

http://www.bmwusa.co...taryRecall.aspx

"Restraint System Faulty"-recall-letter.jpg
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

i had that same problem. had the sensor fixed numerous times through the dealer while i was still under factory warranty but i'm still getting the light. before, if i had a passenger the sensor would still go off sensing that something was in the seat, but now i'm not getting any sound at all. I'm guessing the sensor is the problem.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Members

Thanks health services, however, in Australia, this class action was not relavent. We had no recall...
They got away with it here because i am sure its the same product.

I will keep you guys informed when i get the test done. i am hoping more for the battery fault than replacing the seat sensor as i hear there are repeat occurances of this issue after fixing.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Well I took my 545i in for the recall today. about 9 am generally after the morning rush if there is any. I used to work at a dealer so I'm familiar with how things click. First thing I noticed was it's dead at the dealer. They purposely left some of the cars in the drive to make it look busy but there were basically no customers anywhere in the service dept. Of course you would think this meant they would do what they could for you.

They were of no help when it came to questions about turning on the Bluetooth or MP3 playback, but was quick to point out I would die if I did not fix my valve cover leak at $1250. The good thing? Well no more seat warning light indicating a seat malfunction.

I was in a hurry to pick up the car before closing and left my daughter with my niece to watch so I could pick up the car. The car was fairly clean. I got in, thru my paperwork on the passenger seat and took off. I'm almost home and sitting at the stoplight after i get off the offramp so I go to look at the paperwork, boy something is not right with my passenger seat!

"Restraint System Faulty"-sspx0199.jpg
cell phone pic

WTF?

where's my fricken headrest?

You think that if you brought a higher end car to what many would consider a high end dealer, you would get higher end service, at least more checks to make sure someone did not fudge something up.

Apparently they hire the same guys that work at the Jiffy lubes. they just charge you more for the service.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Members

:thumbsdown: Well, i must admit, as i read your post, i smerked thinking typical.

YOur right, for such a high end dealer/service, you would expect alot more.

In the end, they are all the same.

i took mine in for a service the other day....very low k's for the year. and it cost about $1000US. then as i was leaving, he said, "Its in great condition, it didn't need much, the K's are so low"
PFFFTT! Why the hell did i pay a $1k for...?
for an oil change, and wipers...

anyways, booking my car in next week for a diagnostic...
Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Members

thanks guys for your help.
In the shop today.
My car is from Australia, the USA recalls don't apply here for 2 reasons
a) the fault is not on Australian built cars (i am hoping)
b) australia is not accountable out of USA

Anyways, now i have some possible problems, i am prepared when they give me the breif.
i will keep you up to date
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Members

Hey, so Ulvit- What was ultimately the fault?

Quick Reply: "Restraint System Faulty"