E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

reset notification after service

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed my brake pads all the way around. How do I reset the iDrive?? I know I've seen the post on her somewhere but I can't find it now. I have a 04 545i, but had the software upgraded this year after the computer went out due to water damage. Not sure of this would make a difference....

Thanks!!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

One of the first results when doing a search...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/177...nge-in-idrive/
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

oops. duplicate post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

Most of this is from one of the DIY's on this board, but I edited it slightly based on my encounters:

With the ignition switched in position 2 (all dash lights on, but not the engine), set the odometer trip meter back to zero. Then switch the ignition back off again.

1. Put the key back in position 2 (again, all dash lights on but not the engine).

2. Press and hold the odometer reset button for 5-7 seconds until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center appears on the speedometer (where the temp/date normally appears) - this is the "Service" icon.

3. Release the odometer button briefly and press again straight away which brings up a picture of the Oil change symbol (same as the one that the i-drive shows when you look at the Service menu).

4. If you want to reset the oil interval back to 15,000 miles then keep holding the odometer button until the word "RESET?" appears.

5. Release the button briefly and push it in again and hold for about 5-7 seconds it displays ?15,0000 miles?. You can then switch the ignition off and see that the new oil change interval appears in the service menu on the i-drive screen.

6. If you want to reset the Vehicle Check, Brake Fluid, Microfilter or Brake Pad indicators then you will need to follow the same sequence as steps 1 and 2 above, but when you get to step 3 and the Oil Change icon appears, just release the button and press again and the next service item will appear.

7. You can continue releasing and pressing the button until the service icon appears for the one you want to reset. As soon as it does then hold in the button until the word "RESET?" appears again as in step 4 above. Once the word "RESET?" has appeared, you need to release the button briefly and hold it in again for about 5-7 seconds until it is replaced by the new service interval.

If you do happen to hold the button down too long against an item you don't want to reset and the "RESET?" appears, just leave the button alone for 10 seconds or so and it will not let you reset the item. (Alternatively just switch the ignition off and start again).

Sometimes if you have not released and pressed the button again quickly enough, when you hold it down again the German technical writing will appear after about 15 - 20 seconds instead of the Service item icon you were expecting. (If this happens just switch off the ignition and start again).

Once you are sure what item you want to reset and are confident of the sequence, then give it a go. If you do hesitate between releasing and pressing the button at any time, you will have to go back to the beginning and start again as "he who hesitates is lost".