E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request for more interior pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics thnks. So there are only four colours of leather available in the US? That would be a shame. Still figuring out the auburn, the colour in your auburn pics seems to be different to mine. I also hoped "titanium trim" would mean a more real titanium center console, but I think it isn't. The center consoles (surface around the shifter) at my pictures seem to be aluminium (but it's probably the reflection of light in the lacker) that seems really great to me, real aluminium (brushed) in the trim (like the Z4 dash). Would look very modern in combination with auburn I think. But okay, I'll probably have to choose some of the above....
Old 12-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Members

Yea, I need to see the three trims in person, so I'll be heading to a dealer to check that out. US only has those 4 leather colors.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:15 PM
520i

That is not auburn. I saw that color in 7series. Could it be a mistake?
Old 12-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Members

About auburn:

bmwusa website:

usa documentation (from pdf):

bmw.de website:

can't find the European brochure pdf (big one). But I still can't figure it out about auburn.....think I like the "bmw.de auburn" the best....
Old 12-18-2003, 10:19 PM
520i

The "bmw.de auburn" is the correct color. I saw that in person and ordered one. The only complaint about auburn is the black plastic cover behind the passenger and driver seats. If this cover is in auburn, it will look better.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Members

I agree with 520i. The German website Auburn most closely matches the 2 cars I've seen in real life. I went ahead and ordered my 530i with Sapphire Black/Auburn. The center console trim matches the dash trim (maple, poplar, or titanium). Deceptive in these photos is the door trim always shows as titanium. New deliveries in the US have matching poplar door trim but still titanium when antracite maple is ordered.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Members

What trim type did you go with? (to both 520i and jckrauskopf)
Old 12-19-2003, 01:03 PM
520i

I told my dealer I wanted the Tit trim but he told me that all cars come with diff combi. I am worry that I might get poplar. Poplar is nice...but look abit mature. I still like tit cos it is sportier. I am praying hard now...hopefully next week I get what I wanted.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Members

I ordered Poplar. Perhaps I'm getting too mature Of the three choices I liked it the best. It looks very nice against the black dash. I've got some conerns about it on the door pulls against the auburn door panels but we'll see. I figure I can always swap somebody for titanium pulls who got an early production model.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:24 PM
520i

Have you got your car? I am getting mine next week. Very excited. Heard so much about e60. can't wait to have this baby.

Quick Reply: Request for more interior pictures