E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Replacement CCC...think I (mostly) lucked out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

I got my used CCC today...and like a kid on Christmas morning, I couldn't wait to rip....er I mean take my dash apart and stick the new one in. I wish I could have seen the look on my face when the son of a gun lit up! The surprising thing was that it was about 90% functional just after I plugged it in. coding software and cable are on the way, and I'll see if I can get that back to 100%. I can't tell you how NICE it is to have music, navigation (even though it sucks compared to google's free one) again, plus being able to get rid of the flat tire warning on my instrument cluster - not to mention being able to set the time and date and switch the climate over to the heat setting. I've been unemployed and went just over six months before I replaced it. ugh. The CD player is a bit "sticky" when inserting discs (you really have to push it hard to get one in) but when I'm bored some day I can always swap my old one back in, which I learned how to do when dismantling my old CCC to get the dvd out of the navigation drive. Anyway, this is what I'm left with that I've noticed so far:

-No Aux input option in entertainment section
-no voice commands
-"extra" idrive setting options for stuff I don't have (SMG, heads up display)
-Possible sound issues. It sounds great, but something doesn't seem quite right, but I suppose it could be my imagination. I also think I had a later S/W version, as the look and feel is a bit different - or it could be my imagination too since my screen has been blank since March.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

I thought CCC needs to be coded to get it to work fully.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Originally Posted by pcy
I thought CCC needs to be coded to get it to work fully.
Well, it does for it to function 100% properly with my vehicles' specs. But the "donor" vehicle must have had many of the same options as my vehicle, because most everything works just fine. I'll be working on the coding/programming soon to (hopefully) take care of the few things that aren't functioning properly.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Members

Use NCSexpert to code it back to your options using your cars VO, its piss easy as long as you know what you are doing.

Also another thing to watch out for is that make sure you code it back using your VO fast otherwise the CCC wont go to sleep/switch off due because it keeps looking for modules which your vehicle dont have i.e SMG, headsup display etc. this will drain your battery eventually.

Once coded let the car sleep (i.e lock her up and leave her for 20-30mins) after you coded with your VIN so all changes take affect.

Take it easy with coding using NCS as if you go crazy the first time round, you may mess things up.

Check bmwcoding.com on how to do certain things.

Good Luck ;-)