E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removed xi question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 11:33 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport,
Default removed xi question

Okay, Bare with me on this post, I have a 2006 530xi wagon, However it was Manual swapped to a 6 speed with the drive train from a 2010 535xi, manual trans, drive shaft, rear pumpkin and transfer case were all swapped over, However the front Diff was removed along with the front two axles. The car drives great 98% of the time and everything was coded to the car correctly. The only issue I'm having is once and a while on acceleration or if I hit a noticeable bump in the road, the car acts as if the traction kicked in and pulls power for a second, I can accelerate like normal and it won't happen again until I shift at higher RPM or a bump in the road. The guy I got the car from did the xDelete so there are no lights on the dash and I don't get any warnings when these blips happen. IF I have Traction control completely disabled, it never happens, the car drives as a normal RWD wagon but I have the trac off light on the dash of course.... It was suggested to me to unplug the Transfer case actuator and see what happens, Haven't done it yet but will when I get it up in the air again.

Has anyone done a Physical xDelete from there E60?
Old 02-14-2021, 08:04 PM
New Members

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My Ride: 08 M5 + 10 535xiT = M5 6MT Touring
Model Year: 2010, 2008

Originally Posted by afstud
Okay, Bare with me on this post, I have a 2006 530xi wagon, However it was Manual swapped to a 6 speed with the drive train from a 2010 535xi, manual trans, drive shaft, rear pumpkin and transfer case were all swapped over, However the front Diff was removed along with the front two axles. The car drives great 98% of the time and everything was coded to the car correctly. The only issue I'm having is once and a while on acceleration or if I hit a noticeable bump in the road, the car acts as if the traction kicked in and pulls power for a second, I can accelerate like normal and it won't happen again until I shift at higher RPM or a bump in the road. The guy I got the car from did the xDelete so there are no lights on the dash and I don't get any warnings when these blips happen. IF I have Traction control completely disabled, it never happens, the car drives as a normal RWD wagon but I have the trac off light on the dash of course.... It was suggested to me to unplug the Transfer case actuator and see what happens, Haven't done it yet but will when I get it up in the air again.

Has anyone done a Physical xDelete from there E60?
I did a complete removal of the xDrive system, wrote about it in a thread on here (can't recall if it's in the E61 or E60). I think the xDelete just zeros out the clutch tables in the VTG module so it's not really removing any AWD capability - just when the system wants VTG engagement the table maxes out at zero so there's nothing clutched in.
You don't specify exactly what coding was done - did you remove S203 (AWD) in the VO? I also swapped out the DSC/ABS module with a 2WD ABS module then did the and coding associated with that - I wonder if that's causing your issues (assuming you didn't swap that). It might still be looking for equal wheel speeds all around given the AWD ABS module. If your wheels are momentarily different speeds from the bump it could be trying to address by cutting power.

Andy

10 535xiT
ex 07 530iT EXXIT
Old 02-15-2021, 03:43 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport,

Originally Posted by amesser325
I did a complete removal of the xDrive system, wrote about it in a thread on here (can't recall if it's in the E61 or E60). I think the xDelete just zeros out the clutch tables in the VTG module so it's not really removing any AWD capability - just when the system wants VTG engagement the table maxes out at zero so there's nothing clutched in.
You don't specify exactly what coding was done - did you remove S203 (AWD) in the VO? I also swapped out the DSC/ABS module with a 2WD ABS module then did the and coding associated with that - I wonder if that's causing your issues (assuming you didn't swap that). It might still be looking for equal wheel speeds all around given the AWD ABS module. If your wheels are momentarily different speeds from the bump it could be trying to address by cutting power.

Andy

10 535xiT
ex 07 530iT EXXIT
I believe that was the coding that was done, I do have a RWD ABS module previous owner gave me, we were going to swap out when he was done with this other project. I was also going to unplug the transfer case but it seems like might not help. I can still have him swap out the ABS modules sometime soon.