E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Removed a parking boot today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A wonderful experience. The high school I attend recently became selective in giving parking permits and 65% of the people who applied for one got denied. I was denied so were most of my friends but I took some steps to avoid getting towed/booted.

-I removed my back license plate and put the dealer logo and temp plates on thats now over a few years old.
-I have a waiting for new permit paper taped to my window that's for when a staff member gets a new car and is waiting for the new permit.

My friend she has a silver grey 525xi parks next to me but got booted today. If you are booted you have to pay a $200 fine and you get suspended for a few days. I checked out the boot and it was poorly applied not possible to take the wheel off but not applied properly. I let the air out of the tire that had the boot applied and after an hour the tire had deflated and the boot came off.

We both drove off and I pumped the tire back up at a gas station and that was my wonderful day.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
A wonderful experience. The high school I attend recently became selective in giving parking permits and 65% of the people who applied for one got denied. I was denied so were most of my friends but I took some steps to avoid getting towed/booted.

-I removed my back license plate and put the dealer logo and temp plates on thats now over a few years old.
-I have a waiting for new permit paper taped to my window that's for when a staff member gets a new car and is waiting for the new permit.

My friend she has a silver grey 525xi parks next to me but got booted today. If you are booted you have to pay a $200 fine and you get suspended for a few days. I checked out the boot and it was poorly applied not possible to take the wheel off but not applied properly. I let the air out of the tire that had the boot applied and after an hour the tire had deflated and the boot came off.

We both drove off and I pumped the tire back up at a gas station and that was my wonderful day.
Glad you got the boot off but don't they still input the car's plates etc into their database as receiving a boot? I'm sure she still has a ticket locked onto her car so yeah watch out make sure she doesn't get any warrants for not paying the ticket
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Or taking the boot. did she apply for a permit don't they ask for her name and plate? won't they just match the plate to her name and bam busted?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Dude, you're still in HS.

On a separate note, you should do a DIY and put it on youtude (assuming that it hasn't already been done yet).
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

[quote name='theXman' timestamp='1285184764' post='1242346']
Dude, you're still in HS.

On a separate note, you should do a DIY and put it on youtude (assuming that it hasn't already been done yet).
[/quote

I wish I took pictures. My friend was my cover and I was a ninja because I am sure if I got caught taking the boot off I would be getting the boot.....ouch!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Or taking the boot. did she apply for a permit don't they ask for her name and plate? won't they just match the plate to her name and bam busted?
I left the boot in the parking space. Yes she did I am now thinking of what we can do now? Either never bring the car back or put temp plates on her car too and have her park like me some place else? I doubt they would have the time to go through hundreds of denied applicants just to look for a name.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Members

Here's a novel idea...why not respect the law? Then you wouldn't have to worry.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GregBrand
Here's a novel idea...why not respect the law? Then you wouldn't have to worry.
Actually boots that are applied by a private company can be removed and its NOT illegal to remove them. I also left the boot. Have a good day mr.rentacop.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

I would've took the boot!! LOL. Yes they have her name and plates but she can always eny that it ever happened!! Just say I NEVER DROVE THE CAR and what evidence do they have unless they have you on video. Any parking around the school instead of the lot? It'll get annoying since everytime u get in there, u gotta remove the plates.

In Texas, they print their temp plates so get a template somewhere and print one out so the expiration date never expires. LOL.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Contributors

I would've taken that boot as a souvenir.

Quick Reply: Removed a parking boot today...