E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Remote tunk release - how does yours work

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

Hi All,

I finally received my 05 525i back today from the dealership after almost 2 weeks. I took it to the dealer as the car had a mind of it;s own. Radio not turning off, A/C turning off and on at will, Automatic wipers working at will, I Drive reseting intermittantly

The dealer replaced the screen as they said there are many modules that control many functions built into the screen. In additon they replaced another control module for the m bus which no one could explain except to say fiber optics. THey also reprogrammed the car twice !

Since getting the car back I can no onger open the trunk with the remote with the doors locked. I know for sure that I was able to do this before. Does anyone know if this is part of the latest programing (15.2, 16, 16.2) Of course the dealer will not tell me what version my car now has.

I think it is crazy to have to have the car unlocked in order to user the remote trunk release. Any feeback in appreciated.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by stoogefan' date='Mar 21 2005, 07:13 PM
Hi All,? ?

I finally received my 05 525i back today from the dealership after almost 2 weeks. I took it to the dealer as the car had a mind of it;s own. Radio not turning off,? A/C turning off and on at will, Automatic wipers working at will, I Drive reseting intermittantly

The dealer replaced the screen as they said there are many modules that control many functions built into the screen. In additon they replaced another control module for the m bus which no one could explain except to say fiber optics.? ? ? THey also reprogrammed the car twice !

Since getting the car back I can no onger open the trunk with the remote? with the doors locked. I know for sure that I was able to do this before. Does anyone know if this is part of the latest programing (15.2, 16, 16.2) Of course the dealer will not tell me what version my car now has.?

I think it is crazy to have to have the car unlocked in order to user the remote trunk release.? Any feeback in appreciated.
[snapback]104851[/snapback]
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Insert the key and turn it so that the slot is vertical. That should do the trick. Also remember its a full second on the the remote before you let go.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think they adjusted the timing of the remote trunk release in more recent software versions because on earlier versions, it was too easy to set off the panic alarm.

You should be able to open the trunk with the remote -- just press the button and hold it for about a second. When you release the button after that duration, the trunk should open...
Old 03-22-2005, 05:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:18 PM
I think they adjusted the timing of the remote trunk release in more recent software versions because on earlier versions, it was too easy to set off the panic alarm.

You should be able to open the trunk with the remote -- just press the button and hold it for about a second.? When you release the button after that duration, the trunk should open...
[snapback]104856[/snapback]

I made sure the lock is in the vertical position on the trunk. I remember having to get use to the proper timing but not too long prior to this latest reprogramming. It will not open unless all doors are unlocked. I have called the dealer to see if this is a change in the programming.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Did you try holding it down longer? The position of the lock should have no bearing on the operation of the remote open function.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Mar 22 2005, 06:23 AM
Did you try holding it down longer?? The position of the lock should have no bearing on the operation of the remote open function.
[snapback]105030[/snapback]
Actually Rudy it does! The other day I could not open the trunk from either the button in the footwell or the key. One of my kids must have been playing around. I found that the lock was turned clockwise to the full lock position. I turned it back and everything worked again. Try it.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

you people get a button in the footwell................we people get nothing :'(
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Mar 22 2005, 03:21 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Mar 22 2005, 06:23 AM']Did you try holding it down longer?? The position of the lock should have no bearing on the operation of the remote open function.
[snapback]105030[/snapback]
Actually Rudy it does! The other day I could not open the trunk from either the button in the footwell or the key. One of my kids must have been playing around. I found that the lock was turned clockwise to the full lock position. I turned it back and everything worked again. Try it.
[snapback]105186[/snapback]
[/quote]
Interesting, I'll check it out when I get a chance. It makes sense that the footwell button is disabled (valet security) but from an engineering standpoint, the lock postition shouldn't affect the remote. Maybe the remote and the footwell switch are tied to the same circuit and BMW wasn't able to lock one without locking the other?...