E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocating to Atlanta GA...Need HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy/Gals,

I am relocating to Atlanta. Any of you know of any good repair/maintenance shops in the area? I'm trying to avoid the DEALER at ALL costs!!! I'm just trying to be proactive here. THANKS!!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

There is a shop Austrotech in SC about 2.5 hours from ATL. He's great and has very nice prices. I've used him for 15 years now. The only problem with this is, once you use him you will refuse to go anywere else...

http://www.austrotechsc.com/
Old 07-18-2012, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
There is a shop Austrotech in SC about 2.5 hours from ATL. He's great and has very nice prices. I've used him for 15 years now. The only problem with this is, once you use him you will refuse to go anywere else...

http://www.austrotechsc.com/

Well that's a start. THANKS!!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by macknificent75
Guy/Gals,
I am relocating to Atlanta. Any of you know of any good repair/maintenance shops in the area? I'm trying to avoid the DEALER at ALL costs!!! I'm just trying to be proactive here. THANKS!!
That's a switch from Long Island ... need any real estate?

My family will be selling a townhouse and a house in a burb north of the city if you are still looking PM me and I'll put in touch with my Sister-in-Law and Nephew.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.
Well that's a start. THANKS!!
Just bring your friend who is cleaning the wheels, I need mine cleaned too...!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Where in Atlanta are you relocating?

I mostly do my own maintenance but I've doen business with a reputable service shop in Marietta and in Douglasville.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Guy/Gals,

OK, if I have ever given any piece of advice in my life that I would tell anyone to LISTEN to it is this. Take your car nowhere else except Performing Imports in Alpharetta. They are hands down THE most incredible shop for BMWs on earth. Listen, I cannot emphasize this enough. They are car guys and most importantly, BMW guys. It is like having Dinan in your back yard. They are supremely professional and more interested in your car being perfect than you are :-). Ron Trochelmann is the owner. He will do anything to ensure that your service experience is over the top and that you leave blown away. I could go on an on about these guys. It is just one of those rare places that you find and you never forget. NO ONE touches my car except these guys now. They have set the bar so high from the very first experience with them that I cannot imagine another shop or dealer beginning to match up.

Also, if/when you want performance mods, they are masterful. My car is completely modded with Dinan parts, all work performed by Performing Imports. Frankly, I would honestly trust them as much as I would having Dinan install the parts themselves. Incidentally, I believe they are one of the largest Dinan installers in the US. It is a very clean and professional moderately sized Indy shop. Work is always on time and always exceeding my expectations. You will never worry about unnecessary repairs or mods. They'll steer you in the direction that is in your best interest, not theirs (well, in essence it is in their best interest because you WILL come back). Their reputation here is unmatched really. I have been here 32 years. I have had (6) 5 series cars an I could kick myself for not having used them sooner. I just started doing business with them this year even though I knew of them for many years.

Man, I sound like I am in love with these guys huh?-lol! Seriously, I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. I just could not in good conscience pass up your post without giving you this recommendation. Highest endorsement.

In fact, if you want any more info about them then please feel free to PM me anytime.

Mike

Oh yeah. Some nice perks for doing business with them as well. They have trips to Road Atlanta where they do invitation only days on the track and last month they did an event at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Very cool guys.

I guess I could sum it up by saying that if I were ever to relocate from Atlanta, there is a VERY high chance that would make a drive from out of state to have them continue to be the guys who exclusively service my car.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by luigi524td
That's a switch from Long Island ... need any real estate?

My family will be selling a townhouse and a house in a burb north of the city if you are still looking PM me and I'll put in touch with my Sister-in-Law and Nephew.
lol! Can't believe I missed that. I am a prominent RE broker and trainer of brokers and agents here. I own a couple of brokerages. I don't do any of the actual "work" anymore but can connect you with an incredible agent. If you don't want that townhouse let me know.

Good luck with the move. When are you moving? Have you picked a location yet? If you just need questions answered feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you my cell#. Glad to help a fellow BMW enthusiast any way I can.

-Mike
Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ColdList
OK, if I have ever given any piece of advice in my life that I would tell anyone to LISTEN to it is this. Take your car nowhere else except Performing Imports in Alpharetta. They are hands down THE most incredible shop for BMWs on earth. Listen, I cannot emphasize this enough. They are car guys and most importantly, BMW guys. It is like having Dinan in your back yard. They are supremely professional and more interested in your car being perfect than you are :-). Ron Trochelmann is the owner. He will do anything to ensure that your service experience is over the top and that you leave blown away. I could go on an on about these guys. It is just one of those rare places that you find and you never forget. NO ONE touches my car except these guys now. They have set the bar so high from the very first experience with them that I cannot imagine another shop or dealer beginning to match up.

Also, if/when you want performance mods, they are masterful. My car is completely modded with Dinan parts, all work performed by Performing Imports. Frankly, I would honestly trust them as much as I would having Dinan install the parts themselves. Incidentally, I believe they are one of the largest Dinan installers in the US. It is a very clean and professional moderately sized Indy shop. Work is always on time and always exceeding my expectations. You will never worry about unnecessary repairs or mods. They'll steer you in the direction that is in your best interest, not theirs (well, in essence it is in their best interest because you WILL come back). Their reputation here is unmatched really. I have been here 32 years. I have had (6) 5 series cars an I could kick myself for not having used them sooner. I just started doing business with them this year even though I knew of them for many years.

Man, I sound like I am in love with these guys huh?-lol! Seriously, I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. I just could not in good conscience pass up your post without giving you this recommendation. Highest endorsement.

In fact, if you want any more info about them then please feel free to PM me anytime.

Mike

Oh yeah. Some nice perks for doing business with them as well. They have trips to Road Atlanta where they do invitation only days on the track and last month they did an event at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Very cool guys.

I guess I could sum it up by saying that if I were ever to relocate from Atlanta, there is a VERY high chance that would make a drive from out of state to have them continue to be the guys who exclusively service my car.

Thanks man. I'll check them out myself as well
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pukka
Where in Atlanta are you relocating?

I mostly do my own maintenance but I've doen business with a reputable service shop in Marietta and in Douglasville.

I'll be moving to Bankhead. Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Relocating to Atlanta GA...Need HELP!!