E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Red wine spill on beige interior carpet.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Red wine spill on beige interior carpet.

Im so pissed i don't even know how to start. My wife spill a f-ing bottle of red wine on the carpet and yes the whole bottle on the back seat beige carpet. . I need your help my fellow mates, is there anything i can get to remove the stains or should i bring it to a detailer shop?

Please help guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 PM
New Members

My Ride: 545

Try sucking it all out with a good wet vac if not possible then blot it with clean towels . Spray hydrogen peroxide on it then sprinkle a good amount of baking soda or try vinegar and club soda . There is also a product called wine away stain remover . Good Luck
Old 06-17-2013, 08:45 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Originally Posted by Giowizzy
Im so pissed i don't even know how to start. My wife spill a f-ing bottle of red wine on the carpet and yes the whole bottle on the back seat beige carpet. . I need your help my fellow mates, is there anything i can get to remove the stains or should i bring it to a detailer shop?

Ive heard white wine will remove red wine.. Peroxide with dawn dish soap.. also oxiclean.
Check your speakers under the seat for damage to the plugs

Last edited by H F; 06-17-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 AM
New Members

i would start with a divorce. lol kidding.
Yea get it detailed. Usually like 125 or so. They should be able to do a good job.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Your best bet is to suck up what you ca with a wet vac and spray a little water on it as you go. Next unless you are CONFIDENT in serious stain removal I would just call a carpet cleaning service and ask them. They are the professionals and know what they are doing. If you just listen to any Joe six pack out there on this one you could end up setting the stain and NEVER getting to to come out... Most of the carpet cleaning chemicals you can buy at the auto store are nothing more than bull shit, just go to someone who know what they are doing.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Your best bet is to suck up what you ca with a wet vac and spray a little water on it as you go. Next unless you are CONFIDENT in serious stain removal I would just call a carpet cleaning service and ask them. They are the professionals and know what they are doing. If you just listen to any Joe six pack out there on this one you could end up setting the stain and NEVER getting to to come out... Most of the carpet cleaning chemicals you can buy at the auto store are nothing more than bull shit, just go to someone who know what they are doing.
Thanks to ALL for their input.

@Tonyb635 that makes complete sense to call a carpet cleaning service, I'm definitely calling one tomorrow that'll be the best choice. I'll take a before/after pic and post it this weekend.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giowizzy

try oxiclean
Old 06-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i (Silver-Gray, Gray Lthr., Anthracite Maple) with Steptronic, Prem. Pkg., Logic 7, Xenons & Chrome factory wheels.

+1 on Oxy Clean! Used it to get red wine stain out of some drapes after a failed attempt by the dry cleaners.