E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear Turn Signals Don't work! 2008 535xi

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have the LCI lights - somebody installed the wrong lights on your car before they sold it..

Now we need a kit from Bruce for all those of you, that would like to downgrade from LCI lights to non-LCI lights ! I'll be willing to trade my non-LCI lights to a pair of LCI lights for free incl. shipping !!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Thanks for all the comments. Im super excited about the car but bummed about the lights. That really sucks. Do the lci lights have different pigtail harnesses than the ones on mine? Im wondering why mine have been cut and retaped. Here are some pics. Also I see a white/red cut wire that seems to have no home. All the pictures are of the left tail light and the last one is the right tail lights. Any additional info from you guys would be great so I know what to order. Do I need a new plug and wires too???

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535xi Platinum Gray. M sport, Premium, Cold, Logic, PDC, Sirius, and Bamboo.

It looks like you will need a conversion cable to convert back use LCI's.

BMW makes one or you could ask bruce_miranda to make one for you.

Why not take it back to the place you bought it and have them straighten it out for you? From the look of the showroom picture you bought from a BME dealer. Someone stripped your LCI tail lights and now you have codes. Have them deal with it.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Pauken4' post='867776' date='May 4 2009, 01:33 PM
It looks like you will need a conversion cable to convert back use LCI's.

BMW makes one or you could ask bruce_miranda to make one for you.

Why not take it back to the place you bought it and have them straighten it out for you? From the look of the showroom picture you bought from a BME dealer. Someone stripped your LCI tail lights and now you have codes. Have them deal with it.
+1
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Members

Hi. No I bought from the car auction so that means basically as is. I jist bought the new lights withe the black plug. I need someone with the same lights to tell me which color wire goes into which number on the black plug that attaches to the tail light housing! Any help would be great!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

did you order just the plug ends, or plugs with a little wiring already attached? if its the later, couldnt you match up the wire colors? otherwise brucemiranda would know.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Members

Yes I bought the black plugs but no wires came attached, that's the problem. How can I reach Bruce?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by dalangi' post='867972' date='May 4 2009, 04:26 PM
Yes I bought the black plugs but no wires came attached, that's the problem. How can I reach Bruce?
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showuser=3602
Old 05-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ouch! How did you buy an '08 e60 without noticing the non-LCI tails?! don't answer this question - its rhetorical. This goes to show that when at the auction, dames and gents, you've gotta keep your head cold and your iPhone/Blackberry/laptop connected at ALL times. And DO inspect your "possibles" BEFORE they go on the block - you'll save time and lots and lots of money! Most auctions will provide you with a list of items and lanes where they will be auctioned off - do take the list and go parking lot-hunting for your car. Needless to say, you MUST arrive well ahead of the scheduled sale to have the opportunity to inspect your targets.

Wow, man, I'd almost say you still should try to dispute the issue with the auction - especially, if it was a dealer auction, like Manheim. Most auctions do provide arbitrations, but I don't know whether its worth the trouble now that some time's passed since you picked up the car... tell me the car at least is covered by BMW Warranty and Service Plan, or is the title "less than clear"?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Members

hey 530goinon850

You seem to know a few things about the auctions. One thing to also know is you can not arbitrate anything that is visible to the eye-- dents, missing radio, check/error messages on the car, broken side view mirror. Auctions are as is. It was a green light car so that means engine transmission etc are ok..thats what matters. Also it has a CPO warranty so i have 6 yr 100k miles so I am not worried. I was not familiar with BMW models that much and what trims they have. I normally deal with Mercedes cars..in fact I went there to buy a 2008 ML!! With 32 lanes of cars and over 5,000 cars, you certainly get distracted! BMW will not warranty anything that is not a manufacturer defect or part of normal maintenance, as won't any other manufacturer. ANyway i got a really good deal on it, so I feel like spending a few dollars here and there is expected. Someone switched the the lights out and the brain of the car recognizes it and gives me error messages. Anyway I have an appointment on Wednesday with BMW so lets see! THanks for the advice though.

Quick Reply: Rear Turn Signals Don't work! 2008 535xi