E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear Sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Range Rover Westminster Edition,6000 Mile Corvette C4 And titanium Gray 2005 530i

my rear "side sunshade roller" has stoped rolling stayed at the top, i think the spring moved out of its place or something else? plz anyone experienced the same prob?
how can i fix it cause i tried to remove the door panel and i was a frayed to do it cause o f the rear airbags ,and can it done without replacing it,cause i remmember one day i fix my rear manal sun shade of my e32 7 series .
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

It's no real problem to remove the door panel.
Disconnect the battery first - when you reconnect, all that is usually lost is the date/time settings. My radio presets stayed in. If you have Active Steering, I think you have to reset that, and it may throw up a fault code - do a search for more details if you have the Active Steering.

Lever out the plastic bung that says "Airbag" and you will see a bolt to undo.
Remove the other, more visible, small screws round the door trim (two or three I think).
Poke a small screwdriver into the small slot in the top of the small rear window blind housing - this will then release a catch and you can pull it out.
Remove and disconnect the puddle light at the bottom.

Unclip the door panel all round.
Lift the door panel upwards to remove it - there is a central hidden clip that slides out - don't try to pull the panel away from the door.
When the panel is off, disconnect the speaker wires. The door handle stays on the trim panel. To unhook the cable, pull the handle as if you were opening the door and the cable and its white clip will slide out.

The window blind is held by quite a few small screws (don't forget one at each end too IIRC).
You should now be able to see what the problem is on your blind.

Replacing the panel is not quite the reverse of removal.
With the panel off, there will be a black plastic clip mentioned earlier remaining on your door in the centre. Gently pull this off (use a pair of pliers to squeeze the metal clip) and slide it into the slot on the door trim. With all the wires/cables connected, you will now be able to push the door back on easily - you won't need to slide it downwards to engage the clip.

Have fun.

Mike
Old 10-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Members

My Ride: Range Rover Westminster Edition,6000 Mile Corvette C4 And titanium Gray 2005 530i

Originally Posted by AlwynMike' post='699165' date='Oct 21 2008, 03:44 PM
Disconnect the battery first - when you reconnect, all that is usually lost is the date/time settings. My radio presets stayed in. If you have Active Steering, I think you have to reset that, and it may throw up a fault code - do a search for more details if you have the Active Steering.

Remove the other, more visible, small screws round the door trim (two or three I think).
Poke a small screwdriver into the small slot in the top of the small rear window blind housing - this will then release a catch and you can pull it out.

Lift the door panel upwards to remove it - there is a central hidden clip that slides out - don't try to pull the panel away from the door.
When the panel is off, disconnect the speaker wires. The door handle stays on the trim panel. To unhook the cable, pull the handle as if you were opening the door and the cable and its white clip will slide out.

The window blind is held by quite a few small screws (don't forget one at each end too IIRC).

With the panel off, there will be a black plastic clip mentioned earlier remaining on your door in the centre. Gently pull this off (use a pair of pliers to squeeze the metal clip) and slide it into the slot on the door trim. With all the wires/cables connected, you will now be able to push the door back on easily - you won't need to slide it downwards to engage the clip.

Have fun.

Mike

Thank You My Friend This Will Help A Lot ....
Old 10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by AlwynMike' post='699165' date='Oct 21 2008, 12:44 PM

Have fun.

Mike

Excellent write-up

To the OP, GL and keep us posted