E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Seat Mat/ Protector?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Rez
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.
Model Year: 2008

We recently had a baby and I'm yet to install a child seat in this car. Just wondering if anyone had any luck using a mat to protect the rear seat from marks/ stains/ pressure from the child seat. My interior is beige, so I hope I can find a beige one. All that I've seen at Baby stores are black.

Is there an OEM option?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Check www.bmwusa.com for OEM options.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:14 PM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rez
We recently had a baby and I'm yet to install a child seat in this car. Just wondering if anyone had any luck using a mat to protect the rear seat from marks/ stains/ pressure from the child seat. My interior is beige, so I hope I can find a beige one. All that I've seen at Baby stores are black.

Is there an OEM option?

I suppose you could get a duplicate rear floor mat and put that under the car seat. That about the only thing I can think that would be thick enough to protect against the indentations. I was in a similar situation a few years ago, and frankly, the kids don't get messy until two years or so. Mainly dirty shoes on the back of the front seats. wipes right off though. By the time you get to two years old, you'll probably not really care so much anymore whether its black or beige, and you won't have time to worry about the errant dirt anyway... you'll just bring the car to the detail shop and be done with it.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Rez
Members

My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.

Originally Posted by ADD
I suppose you could get a duplicate rear floor mat and put that under the car seat. That about the only thing I can think that would be thick enough to protect against the indentations. I was in a similar situation a few years ago, and frankly, the kids don't get messy until two years or so. Mainly dirty shoes on the back of the front seats. wipes right off though. By the time you get to two years old, you'll probably not really care so much anymore whether its black or beige, and you won't have time to worry about the errant dirt anyway... you'll just bring the car to the detail shop and be done with it.
Thanks for the great idea! They come in a set of 2, but it's still practical. The closest thing I found was Prince Lionheart Two Stage Seat Saver - Tan/ Beige. NEver heard of this brand before.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this out, I bought it from Mothercare store

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/summ...seat-protector
Old 04-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Engine: N54

BMW also has a cover but i think it covers the entire rear seat. Like if you were to have a dog back there or haul lots of things
Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems

I just laid down towels. Protected the leather but i've still got indentations from the pressure points of the car seat. Not sure if anything that is currently made can avoid that.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

I use the factory passenger floor mat since I now have all weather mats.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

kids are older and have no use of these, have two of them. They worked flawlessly in our cars. Yours for $45 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Seat  Mat/ Protector?-seat-protector.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Members

I have almost worthless mats from a company called lionheart or something, but cardboard seems to do the best job since it spreads the load out.