E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear door closed and there's no handle to open it !!!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Hi guys since this morning I'm trying to open my rear and first door on the right side, I did open the passenger but man I can't open the rear door !
Why ? Cuz there's no handle on it, I removed it last night cuz I was planning wrapping the right side 2day, instead of that, I'm blocked here on my freaking doors!
Plus, I can't even re-install my ** door handle on the front door !
So, I'm trying to push on the lock mechanism inside the front door to be able to screw the lil torx screw inside that attach the door handle!
So now I'm stock here with no ideas what to do with a door that do not open and with a front door handle that don't want to be installed lol
Do anyone have any tips for me ? Thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

you try opening from the inside?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

dont panic too much. all is not lost. when removing the door handles, you have to be really careful when putting them back on. if you push the door handle into the assembly w/o the long torx screwdriver inside the door assembly holding everything stead, the locking mechanism will go from its hold/open position to closed and you are not able to reattach the handle easily.

take your long torx screwdriver and slide it into the assembly all the way down until you can turn the screw. use the torx screw driver to push the assmbly back outward to its open/hold position, make sure you turn the screw counter clockwise until it wont turn anymore. if you push it out far enough, you should be able to then put the handle back into the assembly and then re-tighten the internal clasp....thus reattaching the handle to the door.

if the door wont open at all from inside or outside then the internal door handle components are engaged. thats happened to me before....luckily my door card was loose and i was able to wiggle it out, put my hand inside the door components and push the internal component that disengages the door to open it. took me about an hour of finesse work though lol

i hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by turboawd
you try opening from the inside?
Yes and it doesn't change anything !! but I finally did open the front door and put back the handle on it...took me a day to finally get it back on the door ! ***** the back door still closed and I don't have any way to open it !

Originally Posted by umichchris
dont panic too much. all is not lost. when removing the door handles, you have to be really careful when putting them back on. if you push the door handle into the assembly w/o the long torx screwdriver inside the door assembly holding everything stead, the locking mechanism will go from its hold/open position to closed and you are not able to reattach the handle easily.

take your long torx screwdriver and slide it into the assembly all the way down until you can turn the screw. use the torx screw driver to push the assmbly back outward to its open/hold position, make sure you turn the screw counter clockwise until it wont turn anymore. if you push it out far enough, you should be able to then put the handle back into the assembly and then re-tighten the internal clasp....thus reattaching the handle to the door.

if the door wont open at all from inside or outside then the internal door handle components are engaged. thats happened to me before....luckily my door card was loose and i was able to wiggle it out, put my hand inside the door components and push the internal component that disengages the door to open it. took me about an hour of finesse work though lol

i hope this helps.
Mannnnn !! I was stressing so much cuz I did open the doors handles the friday night to be ready for wrapping the doors on saturday and to prepare my car for a huge ride that I've did yesterday (btw It was so nice and huge, we were more than a 1000 cars riding through a nice itinary !! ) so you know it was frustrating that I've passed my whole day () to try to figure out how to open the doors, wich the right rear door is still jammed ! I did open the the front door and put back the door handle on it, I will give it another try 2morrow, but you know I don't have any expectations, cuz I know I tryied all the tricks that I know is possible..but if you have any other trick to give me.... I will be so nice !

I'm not sure to understand what your saying about inserting my hande in the door card.. lol,cuz the there's no way to open the inside panel, and there's no enough space to put my hand or something between the window glass and door panel...

To resume that:.... I need
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

By the way, here's a teaser of the Emergency Ride :

Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

so you removed the rear door exterior handle, and now cant open the door?
is the handle installed inside? is the door panel on?
Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
so you removed the rear door exterior handle, and now cant open the door?
is the handle installed inside? is the door panel on?
I removed the rear door exterior handle and closed the door to get the interior light off , but when I tryied to open the door the next morning, the door was locked and its still locked

Yeah the interior panel and the interior handle are installed, I did just opened the exterior handle to be able to wrap the door.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tgm001
I removed the rear door exterior handle and closed the door to get the interior light off , but when I tryied to open the door the next morning, the door was locked and its still locked

Yeah the interior panel and the interior handle are installed, I did just opened the exterior handle to be able to wrap the door.
is the door unlocked?! child safety switch on?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turboawd' timestamp='[url="tel:1347400403"
1347400403[/url]' post='1468271]
is the door unlocked?! child safety switch on?
Nope the child safety is off and the door latch is locked I think since the door won't open but the little switch over the door panel is unlocked ..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

Nobody has a clue for me ?

Quick Reply: Rear door closed and there's no handle to open it !!!?