E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

is really Japanese version BMW 5er E60 better than Germany version?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by dasdas' post='1005692' date='Sep 12 2009, 12:26 PM
Georgia , Eastern Europe
aaaahhh k well if the sources you spoke to cant point u too a web page with FACTS about the difference between the two regions, then i would call it B.S. especially if they are trying to upsell you on an imported japanese 5er
Old 09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ConviktColby' post='1005697' date='Sep 12 2009, 03:34 PM
Why would they make the same car, an already amazing car, and let japan take over?
It's not a civic man.
I don't know man...that's why i'm asking here.
When i asked this to that company they answered that BMW E60 is built and manufactured in Germany , afterwards exported for Japan. So it's Japanese version.

Also , they said that since Japanese require high standard ( than Germany ) it is fully complected , so full paket , and that the quality is better ?
So i was suprised!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

Originally Posted by dasdas' post='1005715' date='Sep 12 2009, 03:57 PM
I don't know man...that's why i'm asking here.
When i asked this to that company they answered that BMW E60 is built and manufactured in Germany , afterwards exported for Japan. So it's Japanese version.

Also , they said that since Japanese require high standard ( than Germany ) it is fully complected , so full paket , and that the quality is better ?
So i was suprised!!!

totally bs....bmw would rather not sell auto to Japan than have a discrepency with their cars. maybe there are refering to environmental regulations
Old 09-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport

Bmw's international business uses centralized production. It keeps the quality up and the technology protected. Japan does not produce any BMWs what so ever.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

if you check the BMW WDS, it states that the Jap navigation is HD based and has been since the e60 was introduced over there in 2004

1 qoute "Navigation system Japan with hard drive

Function
The Japanese version of the navigation system is used for route planning, route information (traffic jams, parking space information, etc.) and for monitoring the route.

GPS Navigation (Global Positioning System): The GPS navigation system pinpoints locations by means of the signals transmitted by satellites. The signals are received by the GPS aerial on the vehicle, processed by the GPS receiver and passed to the navigation computer as latitude and longitude data. The navigation computer uses these to calculate the vehicle position.

Correct operation of the GPS navigation system is only possible when there is an unbroken line of sight between the GPS aerial and at least two GPS satellites. In underground car parks, tunnels, etc. GPS function will be impaired or impossible.

Navigation computer with GPS receiver, hard drive and gyro sensor: The map data (3D map) is located in the hard drive of the navigation computer. The navigation computer combines the vehicle position calculated by the GPS with this map data. The current position is shown on the on-board monitor in the 3D or 2D map."

fitted as of 9/2004
Old 09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='1005730' date='Sep 12 2009, 04:25 PM
if you check the BMW WDS, it states that the Jap navigation is HD based and has been since the e60 was introduced over there in 2004

1 qoute "Navigation system Japan with hard drive

Function
The Japanese version of the navigation system is used for route planning, route information (traffic jams, parking space information, etc.) and for monitoring the route.

GPS Navigation (Global Positioning System): The GPS navigation system pinpoints locations by means of the signals transmitted by satellites. The signals are received by the GPS aerial on the vehicle, processed by the GPS receiver and passed to the navigation computer as latitude and longitude data. The navigation computer uses these to calculate the vehicle position.

Correct operation of the GPS navigation system is only possible when there is an unbroken line of sight between the GPS aerial and at least two GPS satellites. In underground car parks, tunnels, etc. GPS function will be impaired or impossible.

Navigation computer with GPS receiver, hard drive and gyro sensor: The map data (3D map) is located in the hard drive of the navigation computer. The navigation computer combines the vehicle position calculated by the GPS with this map data. The current position is shown on the on-board monitor in the 3D or 2D map."

fitted as of 9/2004
Thanks....Sorry not clear with "BMW WDS"...What that means??? and where to check please.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Do they have an assembly plant in Japan for BMWs? (I dont think so) but maybe the thats what the original poster was referring to, the assembly quality being better in Japan? I doubt it...

Have you read up on how Japan or better yet Toyota makes their cars? Its hard to explain but think of it as putting all the pieces together in a puzzle and then the last piece that doesnt really fit. They just cut and modify that piece to make it fit.

Where as Germans precisely engineers each and every piece to make it fit tightly together in one shot, which takes a lot more effort.

I thought they assembled E60s in China...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

BMW WDS

BMW wiring diagrams
Old 09-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

is really Japanese version BMW 5er E60 better than Germany version?-popcorngiantbag.jpg
Old 09-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

The Japanes have a Yen for quality, but it's the same quality car in Japan as it is for the rest of the world.

Quick Reply: is really Japanese version BMW 5er E60 better than Germany version?