E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

RDS DISPLAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a couple of simultaneous threads going on this topic. It appears that RDS is functional again with v13, but only on cars without Professional Nav. If you do not have nav or you have Business Nav (which is not available in the US), RDS will work with v13.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2004 525 Amethyst grey, Heated front seats, bluetooth prep, Adaptive Xenons, 6 CD changer, Front & Rear PDC, retro-fit 6 DVD changer in boot (trunk) with remote control plus headrest screens and IR headphones, Playstation connection to cabin, twin 12v outlets in rear cabin

Andy - my May 2004 525se has the same RDS status as you, and I've had to conclude after a good few posts in this forum that it is indeed a software issue. I have a colleague whose 520se is just a couple of months younger than ours. His iDrive does store the station names on the stored radio channel page, and he also has the option to select a check box for RDS that I dont have.

Looks like we both need a software update. I posted some pictures of my iDrive screen back in early August that you could compare with if you like - I think it was around 7 or 8 August.

PeterT
Old 10-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Automatic Silver grey with beige dakota leather, Blue tooth, extended lights xenon head lights, park distance, 138 wheels,extended aircon, service inclusive
Smile

Originally Posted by PeterT' date='Oct 7 2004, 01:03 PM
Andy - my May 2004 525se has the same RDS status as you, and I've had to conclude after a good few posts in this forum that it is indeed a software issue.? I have a colleague whose 520se is just a couple of months younger than ours.? His iDrive does store the station names on the stored radio channel page, and he also has the option to select a check box for RDS that I dont have.

Looks like we both need a software update.? I posted some pictures of my iDrive screen back in early August that you could compare with if you like - I think it was around 7 or 8 August.

PeterT
[snapback]42199[/snapback]
Old 10-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Automatic Silver grey with beige dakota leather, Blue tooth, extended lights xenon head lights, park distance, 138 wheels,extended aircon, service inclusive

I have today contacted BMW concerning this matter and they have stated that the RDS will only work on the Memorised station page if you have the Professional Radio. How tight can you get. Thanks to all those who replied.

Has any body had the Professional radio retro fitted.

PS On a jorney down to london the other day I got 51 Miles per Gallon. Can anybody beat that.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ANDY' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:30 PM
PS On a jorney down to london the other day I got 51 Miles per Gallon. Can anybody beat that.
[snapback]42207[/snapback]
Yep. A VW Lupo...

51... That's impressive!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Is that the Imperial gallon of gas which is a larger amount of gasoline. (I hope I remember that correctly.) Either way that would be above the norm from what I have read. You should change your name here to Light foot! I hope I did not offend you just tying to have a bit of fun. I always get the lower amount they advertise. Maybe mine should be Lead foot.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Members

My Ride: May 2004 525 Amethyst grey, Heated front seats, bluetooth prep, Adaptive Xenons, 6 CD changer, Front & Rear PDC, retro-fit 6 DVD changer in boot (trunk) with remote control plus headrest screens and IR headphones, Playstation connection to cabin, twin 12v outlets in rear cabin

Andy - I'll check whether my colleague's 520 has professional radio. Memory tells me is is the standard Business version but I will confirm when I see him next.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Contributors

What about TMC? Can anybody with the newly reincarnated RDS let us know the status of TMC?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Oct 8 2004, 12:07 AM
What about TMC?? Can anybody with the newly reincarnated RDS let us know the status of TMC?
[snapback]42284[/snapback]
You mean on US spec cars?
Old 10-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Members

I ve been posting about this issue last couple of days. I got my software Updated to the 13.2.2 version. I lost RDS completely and there is No option to Enable and Disable RDS.....

Yesterday I tried getting into the hidden service menu, using the 7series procedure. But I was Unsuccessful. Today, when I tried playing with it I got it to work... But its not a Hidden Menu... It just shows the configuration of Software for each component of the Car and ECU. The Menu only had the option of "OBC". But you cannot play, change or see anything else in other then OBC and the systems config....If anyone is successful to get in and find a way to enable RDS..Let me know...Let Us all know.. My service advisor told me they took it out completly because to many people complained about it. THATS CRAP.. You cant go wrong with RDS......So frustrating. I live in LA so all the stations pop out at me with there Names. I prefer seeing that then the numbers. :bashwall:

Quick Reply: RDS DISPLAY