E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rattling Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some help here.

Has anyone out there experienced rattling noises where the oh shit handle is above the doors in the car. I've got a 08' 550i that I've taken in twice now. The 1st time they replaced the handle on the driver side door where the noise was coming from. It comes and goes, but mostly kicks in on the freeway. I get the car back and it's still there. I take the car back in and the dealer didn't do shit to it. It's still there. Now they want me to take it in a 3rd time now and they said they have to hear the rattling noises in order to fix it. Well your not going to hear it on the nice paved roads around the dealership.

I'm not being to petty about this I don't think. I've got a 98' Dodge Ram that makes less noise then the damn beemer. So, has anyone had this problem and how the hell did it go away. It's annoying after a long day at the office and all I want is peace and quiet in the car on the way home.

Thanks in advance!

Rock
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock14' post='641445' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:05 PM
Need some help here.

Has anyone out there experienced rattling noises where the oh shit handle is above the doors in the car. I've got a 08' 550i that I've taken in twice now. The 1st time they replaced the handle on the driver side door where the noise was coming from. It comes and goes, but mostly kicks in on the freeway. I get the car back and it's still there. I take the car back in and the dealer didn't do shit to it. It's still there. Now they want me to take it in a 3rd time now and they said they have to hear the rattling noises in order to fix it. Well your not going to hear it on the nice paved roads around the dealership.

I'm not being to petty about this I don't think. I've got a 98' Dodge Ram that makes less noise then the damn beemer. So, has anyone had this problem and how the hell did it go away. It's annoying after a long day at the office and all I want is peace and quiet in the car on the way home.

Thanks in advance!

Rock
I notice my 07' 530i has some nosie coming from the driver side door but not loud enough for me to take it back to dealer. I believe it is the window machincal parts, because most door panels are made of soft material that cannot generate that kind of noises. Maybe you can ask you SA to check the windows rail instead and keep us update?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's the rail to the window. When I grab the handle and pull it down it goes away. I'm taking the car in on Friday and hopefully they fix it.