E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

RATTLE

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

I heve seen a lot of threads regarding rattle.

Mine are in case of torsion of the car on uneaven roads.

They are comming from the back. I check the central arm rest (open or closed): nothing.
I checked the sky bag: nothing.
I folded the right rea seat forward: nothing.
When taping the rear parcel: no vibrations.

Where can it come from? I have already the new door sealing (prodcution mid feb 05).

AS somebody succeded to fix it?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

Could be rear deck speaker assembly. That's my case. Dealer reinstall the speaker brackets and sound went away.

Good luck
Old 07-31-2005, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I got the same rattle !!!!!!!!
I think it got better after I fitted some "soft sponge, rubber" kind of material in between the backrest and the metal frame in the trunk -> I had to go from the trunk to do it (no folding reas seats on my car)
(in the very inner right corner in the trunk all the way in the back)-I had to fold myself in the trunk to do it

Also the back seat arm reast probably makes a little noise while close, therefore I added some soft rubber in there too

and one more the front passenger head rest makes so much noise, the metal rods connecting the hear rest with the seat. I saw a few people mention it here too, no solution yet but to push the headrest all the way down towards the seat
Old 07-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

I'm starting to miss my e46, no noise, no problems, just fun to drive...This e60 is becoming one big peice of shit. Faulty idrive, seatbelts...squeaks, rattlee, and creaks ...what's next...exactly, something else will get screwed and it's going to be the owner.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Jul 31 2005, 06:17 AM
I got the same rattle !!!!!!!!
I think it got better after I fitted some "soft sponge, rubber" kind of material in between the backrest and the metal frame in the trunk? -> I had to go from the trunk to do it (no folding reas seats on my car)
(in the very inner right corner in the trunk all the way in the back)-I had to fold myself in the trunk to do it

Also the back seat arm reast probably makes a little noise while close, therefore I added some soft rubber in there too

and one more the front passenger head rest makes so much noise, the metal rods connecting the hear rest with the seat. I saw a few people mention it here too, no solution yet but to push the headrest all the way down towards the seat
[snapback]154793[/snapback]

HUmmm Maybe I need to crawl in there to see myself... I was going to wait till 1 year service and then let them do it. I'm pretty sure mines comming from the rear parcal (deck) shelf I can clearly hear it while riding in the back seat.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be broken clips holding the rear parcel shelf. Have your dealer check them out. Mine had to take out the whole parcel shelf and replaced the clips. So far no rattles. Hope they stay that way.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:05 PM
hmc
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

I finally found where my rattle comes from.

It's from third stoplight (LEDs on the roof area). You can check by pressing black area (part of stoplight assembly) from inside the car to see if you can reproduce the problem.

I just removed (pull hard downward) the cover (roof/interior color) and put a think layer of foam on this cover and put back. Problem solved!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by hmc' post='202338' date='Nov 22 2005, 10:05 PM
I finally found where my rattle comes from.

It's from third stoplight (LEDs on the roof area). You can check by pressing black area (part of stoplight assembly) from inside the car to see if you can reproduce the problem.

I just removed (pull hard downward) the cover and put a think layer of foam on this cover and put back. Problem solved!
Cool glad you found it... but as for me its the rear parcal shelf... I sat back there and I heard it and pressed hard against it and it dampened the sound.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

As far as I am concerned: the ratlte coming from the rear finished itself when the weather was cooler.

I still have a rattle coming from the centre of the roof.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Do you have the kiddie blinds option?

Quick Reply: RATTLE