E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Radio's dead...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

A few times now I have exprerienced that the radio's dead. I try switching between the preset channels and I try scanning for new channels but nothing. If I turn up the volume I can here a little clicking sound every now and then. If I leave the radio set to a preset channel the sound may come back after some minutes while I'm driving.

I have experienced no problems with the CD player or the ipod interface. When the radio is dead I can still listen to those. I have the Business radio by the way.

Anyone else who have experienced this?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gorban' post='550950' date='Mar 26 2008, 03:23 AM
A few times now I have exprerienced that the radio's dead. I try switching between the preset channels and I try scanning for new channels but nothing. If I turn up the volume I can here a little clicking sound every now and then. If I leave the radio set to a preset channel the sound may come back after some minutes while I'm driving.

I have experienced no problems with the CD player or the ipod interface. When the radio is dead I can still listen to those. I have the Business radio by the way.

Anyone else who have experienced this?
Did you ever figure what was the problem, I too have that same problem. Mine goes to static then comes on, the hottier it gets the more frequent it is.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Did you just get the windows tinted or had the car detailed/washed? Damage to the rear window can mess with the antenna....