E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Just a quick note off topic to wish Sam good luck w/ in his efforts to quit. I quit smoking 3 years ago, though the ocassional craving still crops up (usually with a cocktail in my hand!) Anyway, good luck and hang in there!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:33 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Thanks man. I really needed that!!

Sam
Old 07-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Members

sj3: Aplogies accepted after all I should have been more careful and specified that in our region this is the case.
I'm sure smoking has to do with the tone, but also being from NJ plays a big factor.
just kidding man, I went to Penn State for 4 years and I met a lot of people (mostly girls) from NJ. I hope you are enjoying the weather back there, it should be nice this time of the year. Unlike the oven i'm living in here, i'm glad the car and all its systems are resisting all this heat and still functioning well.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:14 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Desert: The radio static thing isn't just a Saudi issue, that's for sure! Can't claim to be from here, but after a year, I sure know what you mean and I hope I'm not inheriting any of the NJ traits you speak of!.

Although I don't think I would start it myself, one interesting idea might be to do a poll asking if people are happy with their radio's ability to pull in stations that they know other radios can pull in clearly. Maybe choices like: AM stinks/FM ok, AM ok/FM stinks, AM/FM stink, AM/FM ok. We shouldn't just ask if people are happy with their radio because many will associate that with sound quality and most with Logic-7 seem to be very happy with sound quality. Who knows, we might find out that you were almost right in your original post. Instead of 'all E60s having bad radios', we might find that almost all E60 owners that respond aren't happy with either their AM, their FM, or both.

Sam
Old 07-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

Not only do I get poor reception on the AM, but the volume difference from AM to FM is huge. I have to turn down the volume before I switch to AM from FM or CD or run the risk of getting blown out the car! Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 07-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Members

sj3: I guess I can prepare a page which will do that, though I don't know if the admins of this forum will post it. And if they do I don't know if it will work on their server. I don't know what they are running.

If any of the Admins happen to read this message please let us know.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You can easily post a poll using the current posting software.

I think Sam was simply suggesting how to properly word the poll answers to get the most accurate results.

No need for admins to get involved at this point...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Members

Is anyone also having problems with their RDS after version 12 upgrade?

I am having a problem with RDS. It works on one key but not the other.

I found a BMW service measure but it is really for the E60 with CCC.

It states RDS function causes confusing station names when in "All Stations" screen. The cause is RDS was set "Active" at the factory instead of "inactive." The measure is to reprogram and recode the vehicle using CIP12 or later to deactivate the RDS function. It then says that after deactivating the RDS function, that it is not possible to activate again.

Anyone else having problems in this situation described above or what is happening with my vehicle???

Please advise.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Somebody else posted that earlier. It seems to be a problem after software update to version 12.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Yes, Mine never worked. Was told that Version 12 diabled it.

Quick Reply: Radio Problem