E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package
Question

I do not have sat nav only obc
when i turn the radio off by pressing the button beside the cd all it does is to mute the sound the bottom line of the idrive is still showing the radio station and the mute symbol.
Why do i ask this?
because behind the radio station name on the idrive is the date which i see for a few seconds on switch on in the morning it would be nice to turn off the radio and have the date displayed instead on a radio station which i am not using
Any ideas gereatly appreciated thanks
Old 01-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

An amazing statement . . . you cannot turn the radio off; you can only mute it!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Why is this amazing? This isn't 1980, these days, most electronic components are powered up when the car is.

From the user's standpoint, a muted radio is off...
Old 01-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

you can get the date to show up by pressing in the top button on the "bright Light lever" (if that makes sence)
Old 01-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

[if I understand you correct zippers525 yes you can get the date to show on the small screen between the tacho and the speedometer for a few seconds by pressing the the little button beside the BC button on the indicator stem but this is not on the idrive screen is this what you mean

and yes i can only mute my radio cannot turn it off
Old 01-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' date='Jan 9 2005, 11:53 AM
[if I understand you correct zippers525 yes you can get the date to show on the small screen between the tacho and the speedometer for a few seconds by pressing the the little button beside the BC button on the indicator stem? but this is not on the idrive screen is this what you mean

and yes i can only mute my radio cannot turn it off
[snapback]77492[/snapback]
OK Its raining so Im not going out to the car to check. BUT It think the BC button changes the I-drive screen too. E.G. When you are low on Gas and the warning takes over the entire f!@#$ing car. You can see the time, phone signal strength, date, CD track etc temporarily in I-drive when you push the BC button.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Audio system is always on.

Power button only mutes and pauses CD music.

When you turn on the car, the audio system always turns on and un-mutes. There is no way to prevent this. If you want the stereo off, you have to start the car and press the power button every time..... regardless if the stereo was on or off when you left the car.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Jan 9 2005, 12:35 PM
Audio system is always on.

When you turn on the car, the audio system always turns on and un-mutes.? There is no way to prevent this.? If you want the stereo off, you have to start the car and press the power button every time.....? regardless if the stereo was on or off when you left the car.
[snapback]77512[/snapback]
Guys, Please this is not a feature. Its an annoying bug that thankfully is now fixed (per kscarroll) in V15. If the car is muted when you turn it off, then it should stay muted when you you turn it back on again.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 9 2005, 02:40 PM
[quote name='subterFUSE' date='Jan 9 2005, 12:35 PM']Audio system is always on.

When you turn on the car, the audio system always turns on and un-mutes.? There is no way to prevent this.? If you want the stereo off, you have to start the car and press the power button every time.....? regardless if the stereo was on or off when you left the car.
Guys, Please this is not a feature. Its an annoying bug that thankfully is now fixed (per kscarroll) in V15. If the car is muted when you turn it off, then it should stay muted when you you turn it back on again.
[snapback]77516[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hormazd - With my CCC car, Version 15 the audio persistently turns back on now. With prior S/W versions, it was an intermittent problem. Unless my car has an incorrect setting somewhere.

I did read the posts at http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&st=15&p=77529& though.

kscarroll does not have a CCC car.

One thing is for sure, though, the intermittent character is persistent now with V15 on the CCC cars.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Jan 9 2005, 12:52 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 9 2005, 02:40 PM'][quote name='subterFUSE' date='Jan 9 2005, 12:35 PM']Audio system is always on.

[snapback]77516[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hormazd - With my CCC car, Version 15 the audio persistently turns back on now. With prior S/W versions, it was an intermittent problem. Unless my car has an incorrect setting somewhere.

I did read the posts at http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&st=15&p=77529& though.

kscarroll does not have a CCC car.

One thing is for sure, though, the intermittent character is persistent now with V15 on the CCC cars.
[snapback]77523[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well thats a royal pain. I was hoping that V15 fixed it for me. I, as you, do still think this is an annoying bug. I drive on my own listening to the radio. Turn it off an leave the car. Return to the car with a business colleague and 20 seconds after starting the engine while backing out, the radio blasts "I can't get no satisfaction". Damn right.

Quick Reply: Radio