E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Radiator Hose O Ring

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i - Stock...For Now 1989 Chevrolet Truck - Too Many Mods to List
Default Radiator Hose O Ring

Does anyone know the size or where to buy the proper O rings for the upper radiator hose for an '09 535i? I took the hose off when I replaced the gaskets on my oil filter housing, and while the hose is still perfectly fine, one of the O rings was a little misshapen. I called the dealership to see if they sold the O ring, and they only sell the hose with O rings as an assembly. Would rather not spend $100+ on a new hose if I can just buy the O ring for a few bucks.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I know you said the upper radiator hose, but but I am thinking about the two lines that connect under the housing with the two small o rings. I recently changed mine and I am trying to imagine how the radiator hose would have came into play... Anyway, IF you are referring to the two small o rings on the two oil lines they are available for sure at a very expensive cost of .75 cents each at my dealer and should be at any dealer.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i - Stock...For Now 1989 Chevrolet Truck - Too Many Mods to List

You're right that it doesn't come into play when just replacing the gaskets on the oil filter housing. While it was apart though, I also did the tensioner and idler pulleys. Sorry, I didn't say this in the original post. For easier access to the tensioner when installing the new belt, I took off the radiator hose, not thinking it was a big deal. Solved one problem, and now inadvertently created another with these radiator O rings. About to just bite the bullet and buy a new hose since it may be time to just do it anyways. I did replace the small O rings you're talking about though since it was apart and I didn't want to take a chance on a $.99 cent part failing down the road.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Big Tap
You're right that it doesn't come into play when just replacing the gaskets on the oil filter housing. While it was apart though, I also did the tensioner and idler pulleys. Sorry, I didn't say this in the original post. For easier access to the tensioner when installing the new belt, I took off the radiator hose, not thinking it was a big deal. Solved one problem, and now inadvertently created another with these radiator O rings. About to just bite the bullet and buy a new hose since it may be time to just do it anyways. I did replace the small O rings you're talking about though since it was apart and I didn't want to take a chance on a $.99 cent part failing down the road.
Ah ok, so check your inbox messages.