E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questoin regarding "EYEBROW LED"

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I own 2006 330XI - went to BMW few days ago- asking - why some of 5 series have LED on and some dont?- Talking about Eybrow LED lights
They couldn't give me specific answer - guy at the counter said that I need Module and set of 2008 new lights for 3000$- Crazy- they told me that there is no LED- inside - it is just a bolb that wasnt instaled in 2006 BMW and if I need to have them do it 3K - will be done.
I think that they have no idea what they are talking about-
Today I disconected to plugs going into LED in my car- and I conected wires directly to the battery- It WORK.
But I have no idea why It doesnt work when I turn Light nob inside the car-?
BMW- dealer- ? - different city- I live in CT
Or maybye some of you guys know how to do it- my car is still under bumper to bumper warantee- I purcgose it 3 months ago - 28K miles-
Do you have any idea what I supposed to do?Warantee covers it or not?
Or maybye there is something verry simple that I can do myself?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by rafal200' post='690818' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi I own 2006 330XI - went to BMW few days ago- asking - why some of 5 series have LED on and some dont?- Talking about Eybrow LED lights
They couldn't give me specific answer - guy at the counter said that I need Module and set of 2008 new lights for 3000$- Crazy- they told me that there is no LED- inside - it is just a bolb that wasnt instaled in 2006 BMW and if I need to have them do it 3K - will be done.
I think that they have no idea what they are talking about-
Today I disconected to plugs going into LED in my car- and I conected wires directly to the battery- It WORK.
But I have no idea why It doesnt work when I turn Light nob inside the car-?
BMW- dealer- ? - different city- I live in CT
Or maybye some of you guys know how to do it- my car is still under bumper to bumper warantee- I purcgose it 3 months ago - 28K miles-
Do you have any idea what I supposed to do?Warantee covers it or not?
Or maybye there is something verry simple that I can do myself?

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!

You might want to search this site a bit more as I think there was a bug in an earlier iDrive software version that caused these LEDs not to light. The dealer can update to the latest version and will fix it. If you search you might be able to find the exact SIB number that corrects it.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Bring this to your dealer and ask them if it really costs $3000 for perform a software update.

But the real answer is during version 17 of the software it broke the LEDs... its fixed from 18 on. so you most likely have v17.

Please update your location and add your car detail in your signature so it'll help us identify and narrow down answers to question.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
630305.pdf (40.3 KB, 164 views)
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Members

[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Oct 11 2008, 11:24 PM' post='690834']
Bring this to your dealer and ask them if it really costs $3000 for perform a software update.

But the real answer is during version 17 of the software it broke the LEDs... its fixed from 18 on. so you most likely have v17.

Please update your location and add your car detail in your signature so it'll help us identify and narrow down answers to question.
[/quote

THANK YOU- MONDAY I AM GOING TO MY BMW SERVICE - I WANT TO SEE THEIR FAICES-
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='690826' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You might want to search this site a bit more as I think there was a bug in an earlier iDrive software version that caused these LEDs not to light. The dealer can update to the latest version and will fix it. If you search you might be able to find the exact SIB number that corrects it.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='690826' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forum!

THANK YOU- MONDAY I AM GOING TO MY BMW SERVICE - I WANT TO SEE THEIR FAICES-
Old 10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Haha if you get it working and fixed please consider donating to the forum as a token of appreciation.

http://www.e60.net/donate/
Old 10-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 90 325i, 97 328i, 06 530i

I have same exact issue with my 06 530i.
Just bought it CPO and am very dissapointed that the dealer where I got it from didn't make sure it's up to date and that everything works on the car before they offered it for sale. I think that BMW NA should have a look at some of those CPO cars because from what I understand they're paying dealers money for making sure that cpo cars are in great condition...
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by mjez' post='698761' date='Oct 21 2008, 06:22 AM
I have same exact issue with my 06 530i.
Just bought it CPO and am very dissapointed that the dealer where I got it from didn't make sure it's up to date and that everything works on the car before they offered it for sale. I think that BMW NA should have a look at some of those CPO cars because from what I understand they're paying dealers money for making sure that cpo cars are in great condition...
As a consumer, you shold also write a letter or contact BMW NA regarding your purchase experience. UNfortunately the standard of inspection varies from dealer to dealer, as always "buyer beware". GL

Gene
Old 10-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Members

BMW CT- fixed my issue - it took them 5 hours- thanks guys for your help

Quick Reply: Questoin regarding "EYEBROW LED"