E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Question about Turner's 15mm spacer

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ordered these: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-15...cers-pair.aspx, and tried to put them onto the inside of the rims but they simply won't sit flush. The hub centric part of the spacer does not fit into the hub of the rim. Is this a matter of just getting a hammer or something and pounding at it to make it fit, or do I need to get the spacers machined down to match the inner hub of the rim? Anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Did you try cleaning the area? Sometimes rust and dust can prevent it from slipping on.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Did you try cleaning the area? Sometimes rust and dust can prevent it from slipping on.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
They sit perfectly flush against the wheel hub on the car, no rust/dirt or anything. I just got the rims fixed/straightened, sanded, and powder coated so they are spotless. The hub inside the wheel just doesn't have the same flat lip that the spacer does, it looks kind of angled if that makes sense. The wheels, without the spacer, sit perfectly on the hub of the car. The spacers say they are compatible with a BMW 550, but I just don't see how it's possible unless you force them to fit with a hammer or something or machine the spacer lip down to fit in the hub of the wheel.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

Did you check

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Members

Yah, the rims have a beveled center bore just like the picture you posted. Are the spacers not supposed to sit completely flush with the rim then? Just enough for the lip of the spacer to sit against the beveled bore of the rim? The other side of the spacer sits flush against the wheel hub though (on the car).
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Senior Members

Dan,

Please update this thread since I'm about to pull the trigger on the 15mm spacer too and my rear rims also have the beveled center bore.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Members

Well, still hoping someone else will chime in on this forum. I might call TMS today and ask them what's the deal. There online config said it would fit the 550, but they didn't. I'd wait on buying the spacers from TMS.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

Thanks Dan...I'll hold off until you come up with definite solution before moving on.

Also, just to let you know, I'm running hub rings for my front, and with the beveled center bored, I was able to push the rings in and flush with the edge of the rims. Of course the rings are much easier to installed than the spacers.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Members

Just got off the phone with TMS. They told me they've never had this issue before, they are going to give me a full refund and I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow and email them to their engineers. 1 wheel is still being refinished and will be done tomorrow, so I'll take pictures then of how the spacer fits. Just to recap, the tms spacer hub lip is too wide for the inner section of the rim hub, after it tapers down from the beveled lip. It fits into the beveled part of the rim hub, but won't sit flush against the rim because it doesn't fit all the way in.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Good to know. Your wheels have no fitment issues when you put them on without spacers?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: Question about Turner's 15mm spacer