E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

to purchase a E60

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

ive been doing alot of research on the E60 based on the forums, and it seems to have alot of problems. But i still want one. so here is my question.
i want a 530 auto with steptronic,
1. when would be the best production date to purchase a 05 E60?
2.how would i be able to identify production date?
3.if you order sport package, do you have to get the runflat tires?
4.what option i could do without?
5.what option i definitly need?
6.i live in long beach, which dealer should i go to?
7.and should i purchase through a DEALER VS ONLINE FLEET OR COSTCO?

JUST WANT TO THANK ALL OF THE MEMBERS FOR ALL THE VALUABLE RESEARCH I HAVE OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Eric, You worry WAY too much. As a result of reading this board and "over prepare" yourself.

This is one of the rare occasions where reading the net will do more harm than good. Step away from the computer and goto the dealer drive the car and decide the options for yourself.

Good luck,

beewang
Old 02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Feb 18 2005, 06:03 PM
ive been doing alot of research on the E60 based on the forums, and it seems to have alot of problems. But i still want one. so here is my question.
3.if you order sport package, do you have to get? the runflat tires?

JUST WANT TO THANK ALL OF THE MEMBERS FOR ALL THE VALUABLE RESEARCH I HAVE OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE!
[snapback]91917[/snapback]
I tried to put an order in yesterday for a 05 E60 530i but my dealer says that they have stopped production on 05s - my 06 E60 530i order went in instead.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Feb 18 2005, 05:22 PM
Eric, You worry WAY too much. As a result of reading this board and "over prepare" yourself.

This is one of the rare occasions where reading the net will do more harm than good.? Step away from the computer and goto the dealer drive the car and decide the options for yourself.

Good luck,

beewang
[snapback]91926[/snapback]
THANKS BEEWANG, I HAVE TO SAY I DO FEEL ENCOURAGED ON SOME OF YOUR POSTINGS. THAN
Old 02-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Grey premium sound sport pkg auto trans rear sunshade fold down seats park distance control . Did euro delivery in July 2004. This was second ED.

If you live in Long Beach I would suggest you give Hank Castillo a call and go see him. I did a euro delivery of a 325 in 2/2003 and euro delivery of a 545 in 7/2004. He was very competitive. In past years I also owned several 5 series and was always satisfied with the service. If you want to spend the time you can compare prices of LB BMW with the dealer on the 605 and Imperial, the name excapes me for the moment. Hank beat their price after he knew I was seriously talking to them. LB has a lot of inventory of the 530's and you can see the inventory on the internet. They are very open about that. It is a family owned dealer that has had the dealership for many many years.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ,Feb 18 2005, 05:03 PM

welcome ericdbs

if you want a 530, you should be sure its 06 since thats the new engine w/ ~258bhp
only option i wont get is the rear shades
the sports pkg always has rfs
definitely need logic 7, sirius, sp, pp, xenons
definitely use a dealer
Old 02-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i (Silver-Gray, Gray Lthr., Anthracite Maple) with Steptronic, Prem. Pkg., Logic 7, Xenons & Chrome factory wheels.

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Feb 18 2005, 03:03 PM

BMW is no longer accepting new orders on the 2005 530i. They will complete existing orders and then tool up for MY2006.

Have not seen the 2006 Option list yet, but I'm sure that runflats are still part of the Sport Package. Have been told, however, that Active Steering is no longer included. Must be ordered separately. You really need to scrutinize the Option list carefully to make sure that you get everything that you want.

Martin T.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, turnbowm !
Old 02-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by djw521' date='Feb 18 2005, 03:46 PM
If you live in Long Beach I would suggest you give Hank Castillo a call and go see him.? I did a euro delivery of a 325 in 2/2003 and euro delivery of a 545 in 7/2004.? He was very competitive.? In past years I also owned several 5 series and was always satisfied with the service.? If you want to spend the time you can compare prices of LB BMW with the dealer on the 605 and Imperial, the name excapes me for the moment.? Hank beat their price after he knew I was seriously talking to them.? LB has a lot of inventory of the 530's and you can see the inventory on the internet.? They are very open about that.? It is a family owned dealer that has had the dealership for many many years.
[snapback]91939[/snapback]
I have been dealing with Long Beach BMW since 1987 and have not been disappointed. For my last two BMW's I went through Costco and dealt with Hank Castillo at L.B.BMW. I have found their service to be very good also, always get a BMW loaner. Get your best price before going to see Hank.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Contributors

welcome turnbowm

Quick Reply: to purchase a E60