E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

PROGMAN v25.xx hits the BMWNA shores

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

Does anyone know if 25 has hit the Chicago area yet?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by wowe' post='406187' date='Mar 23 2007, 07:34 PM
My PDC sensors back are out of order and brake oil change is up to do. Do they do a software update for this plz help me
If your question is; do your issues make the dealer do a upgrade (free or otherwise), my opinion is no. If your question is; will software fix those issues, again I think not.

You need to have one or more of the listed problems on the SIB or some other iDrive, transmission, sensor related issue to get them to do so testing and see if software might fix it.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

Thx Cobradav I spoked to them and yes I have some of the listed problems but they will only upgrade if Progman says that it needs
Old 03-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

V25 Arrived in South Florida!!!!
Well i was in service for a repeated dieseling/rattle snake noise coming from the engine when iddle in Dirve so they upgraded my car (the first one there :-) ) to V25.xx ..All I can say is NICE! the screen is now in a light gray color compared to the fugly brown before...Things I noticed with this version
1- I Drive Appereance is nicer in my oopinion (light gray) more futuristic looking
2- Booting time has improved
3- bluetooh booting has improved
4- Climate figures have additional details
5- Navigation has a nice soft blue color, really nice. Seem the image has been perfected and the street names are more clear.. also there are more options in there like searching by name of a place
6- Perfomance. no way to measure this but my Butt DYno really can tell :-) the car now goes and transmission gearing is smoother, even in D where it reacts faster.
7- CD apperance now has the form of a disc and has a better layout
I got some pics from a previous discussed thread

So far the improvements are great, specially in the perfomance department. The only thing now to fix is that damn noise coming from my engine :-(
Old 03-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Juan,
I thought Progman 25 fixes that pinging issue in 550i as specified in SIB.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='408534' date='Mar 29 2007, 03:56 PM
Juan,
I thought Progman 25 fixes that pinging issue in 550i as specified in SIB.
I dont know about the pinging issue, this is an ugly noise coming from the engine when on the brakes and Drive selected. Sounds more like an Old Mercedes diesel engine for a few seconds (3 to 5 secs). My SA is looking into a way to fix it.
the noise drives nuts at times, sounds like an old car, even friends have commented to it as 'is it something wrong with your car?. ..i expect things to be good at least for the money we pay for these cars...anyway that is another story
Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

added some pics above and anoter commentary from Analyst similar to mine

By Analyst
Had Progam 25 loaded to my car by the Dealer (UK, Leeds) last Friday.

Was just running out of warranty now so pushed my dealer for a last upgrade due to 'issues'

The differences I noted (from Progman 23.X):
- New Home Screen look as LCI
- Booting is much quicker
- Settings now allow daytime running lights to be switched on
- One can now search POI's by distance and name
- Engine runs much smoother and seems to have more power
- Fuel consumption has decreased (very happy about that)
- Navigation maps have different / more vibrant colours, better contrast
- 3D Nav view, labels are on motorways or A-Roads but no street names
- Eyebrow lights work (mine did before anyway)
- MP3 Playback - can directly select next tracks by pushing i-drive controller down on the track in Entertainment (previously it opened a menu first)
- Entertainment/CD: screen got a new look (rotational) and i-drive controller is rotated to select the next track
- On map display in Navigation, selecting 'i' icon (POI icon display) now opens a menu where you can select to POI's or turn on/off POI icons on the map

I can't think of anything else at the moment but am happy to check if needed.

Seems to me that Progman 25 is the best so far (I have had 4 coding sessions so far).
Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Don Juan' post='408568' date='Mar 29 2007, 02:15 PM
I dont know about the pinging issue, this is an ugly noise coming from the engine when on the brakes and Drive selected. Sounds more like an Old Mercedes diesel engine for a few seconds (3 to 5 secs). My SA is looking into a way to fix it.
the noise drives nuts at times, sounds like an old car, even friends have commented to it as 'is it something wrong with your car?. ..i expect things to be good at least for the money we pay for these cars...anyway that is another story
That's the problem which is supposed to be fixed by CIP 25. The noise will be more noticable when you have AC on and at drivethrough windows. It sounds like a diesel MBZ
Old 03-30-2007, 07:32 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

My car is in today, gave them a list of problems including the tranny slam and CD issues, complete with an idiots guide on how to fix them.....................with progman 25 !!

They have told ne they are keeping the car until Monday, hopefully a good indication that 25 is being done!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='408593' date='Mar 29 2007, 06:20 PM
That's the problem which is supposed to be fixed by CIP 25. The noise will be more noticable when you have AC on and at drivethrough windows. It sounds like a diesel MBZ
Exactly,so there are 550s out there with the same problem it seems. The BMW SouthEast Rep has not seen this issue nt the BMW service managers. the dieseling noise got less with V24 but seemed that performance was affected by it. V25, released all ponies under the engine but the diesel engine noise if more present. Like you said, in drive thrus, garage, traffic lights, etc...it has been since monday and have not heard from my SA nor the service manager ..getting really upset

Quick Reply: PROGMAN v25.xx hits the BMWNA shores