E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Progman 25 In US?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='406162' date='Mar 23 2007, 06:42 PM
ABC - three technical SIB questions: 1) If the SIB says that the entire system should be re-programed, as it appears to do in SIB 61 14 03, then does the dealer have any discretion, that is, does the entire thing have to go into the car? 2) Once Progman 25 is in the system (presumably downloaded from some central BMW server), is an earlier version no longer available? and finally 3) May the dealer tell the owner what the Target data Status number is, presuming this will disclose what's in the car?
1) No descretion at the dealer. He is plug and pray (I mean play). Once the determination is to run the upgrade it is hands off. Attach the car to the SSSR (computer system) and let her rip and DO NOT TOUCH car. Dealer is afraid of power bumps, lightning stricks, vibrations or out and out touching of car undergoing upgrade. If it faults for ANY reason, start all over again.
2) Once up graded, no going back.... possible exception of car is absolutely butchered to the point it will not run, then perhaps thay might go back, but rare exception.
3) As already advised - ask first for a copy of the Measures Plan and Final report. I have everyone of mine, including those times when an upgrade was not required, just testing. Both documents have your TDS but one has both the old and new if you had an upgrade (too lazy to look at which one it is)
Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='404523' date='Mar 19 2007, 02:01 PM
Based on a recent thread, it seems that Progman 25 is starting to roll out globally. Has anyone in the US had it installed yet? I've got the "CD keeps playing" syndrome, but thought I'd wait until 25 was out before seeking correction.
I had my UK 05 545i MSport upgraded to 25 yesterday.
The upgrade was done to cure the loss of my eybrows and and my phonebook functionality - I lost both when the last upgrade was carried out to cure a problem with my radio/CD player which was turning itself on after starting the engine.
The upgrade has restored the eyebrows but my phone - a Nokia 6310i - (which I was using in the car because my Nokia 8800 would not pair) no longer connects but the good news is the 8800 now does!
The iDrive screen now has the same appearance as the 07 model and looks much better.
I haven't discovered any other benefits from the 25 upgrade yet and if it's broken anything I haven't noticed that either.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Beemerboy' post='407510' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:19 PM
I haven't discovered any other benefits from the 25 upgrade yet
If you had Nav, you would.

Here's the UK thread.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=38159

And some other differences...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37906

ABC
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407516' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:28 PM
If you had Nav, you would.

Here's the UK thread.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=38159

And some other differences...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37906

ABC
I do have Nav and I noticed the graphics looked 'prettier' but is there any added functionality?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Beemerboy' post='407591' date='Mar 27 2007, 05:27 PM
I do have Nav and I noticed the graphics looked 'prettier' but is there any added functionality?
I believe searching has been improved. I don't know if the annoying TMC "initial screen half way down the list of traffic events" problem has been resolved.

Oh, and iDrive is claimed to be generally quicker.

ABC
Old 03-27-2007, 09:53 AM
rab
Members

I inquired today with Century West BMW(L.A) and they told me that they will not have ver 25 for "1-2 more weeks."
Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530D, Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota Leather, Active Steering, Navigation System Professional, 6-CD Changer, Sunroof, Automatic Airconditioning Advance

Had Progam 25 loaded to my car by the Dealer (UK, Leeds) last Friday.

Was just running out of warranty now so pushed my dealer for a last upgrade due to 'issues'

The differences I noted (from Progman 23.X):
- New Home Screen look as LCI
- Booting is much quicker
- Settings now allow daytime running lights to be switched on
- One can now search POI's by distance and name
- Engine runs much smoother and seems to have more power
- Fuel consumption has decreased (very happy about that)
- Navigation maps have different / more vibrant colours, better contrast
- 3D Nav view, labels are on motorways or A-Roads but no street names
- Eyebrow lights work (mine did before anyway)
- MP3 Playback - can directly select next tracks by pushing i-drive controller down on the track in Entertainment (previously it opened a menu first)
- Entertainment/CD: screen got a new look (rotational) and i-drive controller is rotated to select the next track
- On map display in Navigation, selecting 'i' icon (POI icon display) now opens a menu where you can select to POI's or turn on/off POI icons on the map

I can't think of anything else at the moment but am happy to check if needed.

Seems to me that Progman 25 is the best so far (I have had 4 coding sessions so far).
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Analyst' post='407630' date='Mar 27 2007, 07:19 PM
I can't think of anything else at the moment but am happy to check if needed.
Thanks for the great update.

I thought CD screen WAS rotational??

Could you please find out if the TMC list "problem" has "gone away". Previously when you switched to the list of traffic events, the focus was some way down the list many miles from your current location.

Any TMC improvements at all?

Are we still limited to the display of one POI type eg only fuel or only hotels?

TIA

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=407711

ABC
Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530D, Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota Leather, Active Steering, Navigation System Professional, 6-CD Changer, Sunroof, Automatic Airconditioning Advance

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407637' date='Mar 27 2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the great update.

I thought CD screen WAS rotational??

Could you please find out if the TMC list "problem" has "gone away". Previously when you switched to the list of traffic events, the focus was some way down the list many miles from your current location.

Any TMC improvements at all?

Are we still limited to the display of one POI type eg only fuel or only hotels?

TIA

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=407711

ABC
NP.

I don't know about others but my CD Screen looked like a list (same as MP3 looks) before and now the look is rotational.

The TMC function has become much better, now the on-route messages are displayed at the beginning of the list rather than some way down. However, the TMC seems to remember the last view you had selected, i.e. if you scroll down the TMC messages and exit the screen and go back in, it will be in the same position where you had left it. Other than that, its down to the same problem with inaccurate information, but thats down to the service provided, not the car.

You can only have one POI at a time as pointed out.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Analyst' post='407891' date='Mar 28 2007, 10:05 AM
now the on-route messages are displayed at the beginning of the list rather than some way down. However, the TMC seems to remember the last view you had selected, i.e. if you scroll down the TMC messages and exit the screen and go back in, it will be in the same position where you had left it.
Thanks for the response.

When is the "remembered" position in the TMC list reset? Engine switch off? New route?

ABC

Quick Reply: Progman 25 In US?