E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Progman 23 Day is Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I am being "upgraded" to Progman 23 tomorrow. My official reason for the change is to prevent my CD player from playing after my car is turned off--which is legitimate. But, my most important reason is hoping that my wheel-spinability, which went away with 21.00.00 will be restored. What the heck? Why not give it a try in advance of the upcoming g-meter testing season?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

I may be getting upgraded tomorrow also. My dealer said that it didn't show me as needing an upgrade, but he would check into it. Last time I checked I was only at 20 something though, so who knows.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Does your CD player continue to play when your car is shut down? If so, then you are entitled to the "upgrade." I say "upgrade" because you never can be sure whether you are going to come out better or worse.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem as you Znod. I'll bring it in sometime next week to have it updated along with AUX enable.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Contributors

You can't spin your wheels any more either. Anyway, good luck with your "upgrade."
Old 09-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

I have that CD issue as well but I wonder if it covers the DVD drive as well.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Members

My Ride: (June '05) E60 530d Sport, Silver Grey, Blk leather, Auto, BT, Comms package, 6-disk multichanger,.......£1302 for a dealer fitted towbar.........

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I have an issue when towing my caravan (stop laughing.....), because it has a third brake light which is LED, I get a 'check trailor lights' warning on the i-drive each time I brake.

Dealership told me BMW were aware of the issue, and a software fix would be out sometime in September.
Not heard anything from them, guess I need too chase it up with them.

Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem/fixed, or if anyone has any inside info about what issues are addressed in the next Progman after v23?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Contributors

There is a current topic dealing with the P 23 fixes. Just scan down the page--possibly onto the next page or so.The topic will be easy to find.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

good luck Znod, and anyone else upgrading...you will need it just in case no new bugs come out...hopefully we will now hear about some amazing times.. with wheelspin...not gonna bother about the upgrade so what if the car listens to music while i leave...my car has been good since the last upgrade and im afraid of any new bugs..that might occur...
i saw a friends car recently that got upgraded his interface was chaged quite a bit, and his settings menu and the way the text is written, he got a new CCC, but you guys should also get the same with the new software....his response time also imporved alot but i cant really confirm that as his old CCC was really "drunk".(his i-drive knob would spin alone, and sound cuts every minute)...
Old 09-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Oh good. I'm already looking forward to my next upgrade to fix all the new problems. Just what I need a possessed iDrive knob. Oh well, maybe my wheels will spin again. There is no doubt that "upgrades" are crap shoots. IMO, software and upgrades are the worst BMW features.

Quick Reply: Progman 23 Day is Tomorrow