E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Professional Radio: LOCAL-2, LOCAL-5 etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Hi,

When selecting and saving radio stations with some radio stations the name is replaced (during save) with another name like LOCAL-2, LOCAL-5. Repeating the save option gives the name of the station before I press the save button, after the save the name changes in this LOCAL thing.

On my previous car (which had business radio) this didnot happen. Now with Professional Radio it does.

Does someone know what it is and BETTER how I can get rid of it?
Is it a software glitch (I've not been back to the dealer, this forum is better!!)

eric
Old 07-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

It shows apparently the radio stations in your immediate viscinity, hence local.
I still have a few of them. I don't like it either.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

This has been covered here before - this happens because of old CIP software version. Version 17.1 and up solve this problem. Radio version PRO or Business has nothing to with it. It is really just a matter of software bug. So get your car updated to the latest software and you will be fine.
It did happend to me too
Old 07-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Jul 23 2005, 04:18 AM
This has been covered here before - this happens because of old CIP software version. Version 17.1 and up solve this problem. Radio version PRO or Business has nothing to with it. It is really just a matter of software bug. So get your car updated to the latest software and you will be fine.
It did happend to me too
[snapback]152159[/snapback]
Yes, thanks, I saw the messages before where it's mentioned that this is solved in 17.x, BUT I guessed I have this 17.x software....I will ask my dealer, this car is two weeks old.... I think I have 17.x because I have all the new things around.......
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Dutch menu, English voice control, MP3, Running Daylights option, very light steering with servotronic at low speed....</span>

Besides that........Andy545 says he still has this LOCAL thing and I think he is always on the latest version (he's almost a beta tester... )

You're sure that this is solved in 17.1?

eric
Old 07-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I'm not sure that is exactly CIP 17.1 but some guys mentioned that it did help after new CIP upload. Well the thing is that is probabyl definitely European thing because of RDS and FM which is not mostly used in US.
Also I think that uploading software may vary. You can upload totaly the whole thing or just some parts...etc....so maybe the radio part still has the old soft controller
Old 07-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I had the local-1, local-2 etc too.. Since the latest software update to V17 they are almost all gone.. I only have 1 or 2 left.. Doesn't bother me too much.

Monday my Voicerecognition will be set in the UK mode so I can talk english to my car. Let's hope it all works out okay..

Eric, if I remember correctly you also bought your car from Kalfsbeek Wateringen?
Old 07-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 23 2005, 05:42 AM
I had the local-1, local-2 etc too.. Since the latest software update to V17 they are almost all gone.. I only have 1 or 2 left.. Doesn't bother me too much.

Monday my Voicerecognition will be set in the UK mode so I can talk english to my car. Let's hope it all works out okay..

Eric, if I remember correctly you also bought your car from Kalfsbeek Wateringen?
[snapback]152171[/snapback]
Hi,

Yes, I bought my car at Kalfsbeek Wateringen. They know we are on this forum and that we check everything they tell us....

The LOCAL thing is new for me, didn't have it in my previous E60. I now have Pro Radio, so I guessed it's a Radio Pro bug. I have it with some radio stations, I don't like it, but it's not a big issue. I will ask BMW if they think it can be solved, but I guess you already asked that several times?

I now have Dutch menu's in iDrive and English voice control of my phone, so it's available in NL! I experienced Dutch voice control in an E90, so that should be become available in our E60 also
Old 07-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I had the complete voicerecognition installed afterwards. So I can also use my voice to change CD's or start navigation. But untill now it was in German. Because of the fact that my car will be set as an UK car I will not get dutch menu's. It will remain in English..
Old 07-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

I do not think version 17 really solves it as with my recently updated sowatware I still have some LOCAL stations which after being chosen show the real RDS names.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributors

So anyone with a definite solution for this? Since I'm around a metropolitan city most of my stations are saved as LOCAL2... LOCAL5.... does not matter much, but it looks bad
anyone from EU with 18 or 19 CIP installed? How is it afterwards?

Quick Reply: Professional Radio: LOCAL-2, LOCAL-5 etc.