E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with air distribution system <--AC

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545I SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic 7 Pkg, Sport Pkg, BMW Nav Pkg, HUD Pkg, Gargo Liner.

I'm having this weird problem with the ac system whenever i push the middle button to turn off the ac or heat. the middle button off led would light up but after i turn off the car and start it again the ac or heat would be on the first green bar??? is everybody having this problem??? i can't seem to turn it off for good.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Contributors

As i remember, the car will remember the last position of your AC (if you have level 1 to max) when you turn off your car. But the car will set it up to level 1 if you off the AC before turning off your car.

I will check it again to confirm.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Senior Members

AFAIR, this is one of the car key memory settings that the dealer can change
Old 11-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545I SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic 7 Pkg, Sport Pkg, BMW Nav Pkg, HUD Pkg, Gargo Liner.

Originally Posted by mlist84' date='Nov 16 2004, 03:51 AM
As i remember, the car will remember the last position of your AC (if you have level 1 to max) when you turn off your car. But the car will set it up to level 1 if you off the AC before turning off your car.

I will check it again to confirm.
[snapback]56685[/snapback]
that sound kinda lame. if this is true my memory should be off since this was my last setting before turning off the car. Please confirm Thank you in advance
Old 11-16-2004, 07:53 AM

I had this problem and the dealer either fixed in with a software upgrade or key coding change...
Old 11-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Contributors

VaSh9394:
Welcome to the forum. Do you have the climate set to "auto" default in the i-drive. I believe the "auto" setting will cause this situation. Just uncheck the "auto" box in the climate setting and see if it helps. Once again, welcome.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by juan2mini' date='Nov 16 2004, 01:11 PM
VaSh9394:
Welcome to the forum. Do you have the climate set to "auto" default in the i-drive. I believe the "auto" setting will cause this situation. Just uncheck the "auto" box in the climate setting and see if it helps. Once again, welcome.
[snapback]56812[/snapback]
Thanks this is the best 5 series forum
let me double check but I'm sure idrive dont have ac on auto.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

The AC button should never be set to off permanently. One of its purposes is to dehumidify the air in the car so it's more comfortable. The AC also helps to keep your windows from fogging up.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Contributors

Mine is always set to off, except in the rare case when I need ac or heat. I am sure in Chicago the weather, summer humidity - winter cold, makes leaving the system on the best option. I have had my car over a year, I have used the ac a couple of times on long trips. Around home cracking the window works fine. My .02
Old 11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Mine is always set to off, except in the rare case when I need ac or heat. I am sure in Chicago the weather, summer humidity - winter cold, makes leaving the system on the best option. I have had my car over a year, I have used the ac a couple of times on long trips. Around home cracking the window works fine. My .02
Mine too. I try to use the A/C as little as possible. I find that the problem with using the A/C to dehumidify the car is that once you start doing so, you have to do it all the time. If you try to stop using it on a cool day, the A/C releases all of the moisture it contains and fogs the windshield badly.

Quick Reply: problem with air distribution system <--AC