E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which potential 535d sport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Was wondering which one of these two used 535d sports to potentially go for here in the uk.

535d sport silver grey Nov 55 plate
12k mileage
Media pack- no extended voice though :-(
Visibility pack- with adaptive xenons
Heated front seats
Front electric seats with memory
Auto dimming and folding exterior mirrors
Head up display
Rear Spoiler
Sun protection glass
18" run flats

OR

535d sport carbon black metallic Sept 55 plate
24k mileage
Media pack- no extended voice though :-(
Bi Xenons
Heated front seats
Extended interior lights
Diamond bright exterior protection
Sun protection glass
19" 172 m style rims
5 year service gold package- with 4 years left to run.

As for price there's not much in it but wondering what to do in 2 years or so in terms of depreciation, etc. The silver grey is amazing with a super spec but the 18"'s let it down. Is it worth having the 19's and the service pack, do about 17-18k a year.

Advice appreciated.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by zerocool242001' post='356733' date='Nov 16 2006, 10:03 AM
Advice appreciated.
Tough.

I'd ask him to swap the 18" for the 19" to do the deal for the Silver grey. I think it's a nicer spec.

On the other hand, do u have any doubts about service costs in the future?

Can u buy extended warranty/service afterwards?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Members

My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' post='356739' date='Nov 16 2006, 05:57 AM
Tough.

I'd ask him to swap the 18" for the 19" to do the deal for the Silver grey. I think it's a nicer spec.

On the other hand, do u have any doubts about service costs in the future?

Can u buy extended warranty/service afterwards?
Cheers IrishEyes,

They are both good specs but true the silver grey does have an amazing spec. Have heard that once you get to 40,000 miles, expect the brake discs, pads to be changed. Considering I do quite a bit of motorway mileage, am also unsure.... We do have doubts of how much the service costs would be. The one at 12k will hit it's oil service in about 4-5k setting us back ?180ish.

The cars are both private vendors selling, otherwise would have been ace to swap the 18's for 19's....
Had a quick look on ebay last night and it's about ?1k+ for the 19's. Heaven knows what a dealer would charge for 172 19's. True replicas would also suffice but there's a ?1.3k hit there too.

Choices, choices- why is life so hard.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Even tougher.

I thought both were at a main dealer and a bit of wheeling and dealing might have succeeded.
Swapping the wheels would help offset the lack of the extended service pack.

Either chariot I'd be happy with.

Does the extended service cover everything?

My first E60 was silver grey and I thought it looked great.

I'd say the sapphire black looks good with the protection. My second E60 was sapphire black and I had it Autoglym lifeshine'd because of of the black paintwork. It looks great expecially when washed. There is a sheen to it that seems to be missing from other black E60's.

What colour is the interior?

Go with the black. It will also give u a little peace of mind because of the mileage you are doing.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

I'll surely go for the first one.

As they are both 535d, I think they both should have extented interior lights. (I may be wrong)

18" wheels are big enough in my opinion. 19" will just cost you more when you change tyres.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:54 AM
Members

[quote name='IrishEyes' date='Nov 16 2006, 07:17 AM' post='356755']
Even tougher.

Does the extended service cover everything?

My first E60 was silver grey and I thought it looked great.

What colour is the interior?

Both are black leather pal, the extended service yes does cover everything apart from tyres. I hope the extended service is transferrable- believe it is. With regards to the mileage, it's not tooo bad. True 12k is better than 24k but keep thinking what the black one offers.

19" wheels- to buy these separate from a BMW UK dealer would be ?2k +
The service inclusive is ?1300

To add these to the silver grey one would be ?3300 and a serious ouch. However having been in a e60 535d sport with hud, it's ace!

Good question on whether BMW offer the pack, think it's only with a new purchase :-(
Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Go for the black one mate - service pack is a BIG bonus and Carbon Black looks the bees-neez

Silver - well what can I say, each to their own but I would personally not be seen in one

I had mine treated with Diamond Brite too and no matter how much people diss the treatment I would recommend it as the shine in my car is outstanding when compared to a non-treated carbon black car. All it needs is heavy rain and the car is shining again

This is how your babe will look on the 19"s (yep it's my car) very similar spec as you are getting but with the visability pack, rear spoiler and black dakota leather

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=29525&hl=
Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport, Silver-grey, Black Dakota, Media, Visibility, HUD, Foldy mirrors, Hot seats.

I would go for the grey one. This is the spec and age of mine (virtually identical). You won't regret not having those extras. And the HUD is great fun. Extended voice can be retrofitted if an absolute, as can 19's, but I bet you won't notice!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Either one will do it. If you have Carbon Black you'll want silver grey when you see one all sparkling pull up along side and vice versa. The grass is always greener. Whichever one you get make sure DMS take alook at it
Old 11-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass.

Hi zerocool242001,
I'd go for the Carbon Black. As a matter of interest how much are these cars going for?

regards
Grafiker

Quick Reply: Which potential 535d sport?