E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Representation

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior
Cool

Oh man some of us just make others look bad.

So I am in Ohio (cold, dull) and at a mall called "Tuttle" and I was fortuante to get a front parking space where no one could touch my car. My wife, daughter and I are finished at the mall and begin walking to my car in the lot. In the isle where my car is parked a dirty pre LCI titanium M5 rolls up with some kids in it. I think NICE, we continue to walk toward my car which is right next to him and he is at the end of abovementioned isle. Now the douche begins to egde up toward the 3 of us like "get outta my way" as we are crossing in front of him and he wants to pull out in to the main drag in front of the store we just exited. I unlock my car noticing him being an ass and figure he will see my 5 and show some Bimmer love.

No dice....

He continues to pull forward at me, I dont move any faster and continue to walk past (being I am a pedestrian in a parking lot, having right of way no matter what). He then yells out (with all windows up BTW) "why would you walk out in front of a car?". I dont feel the need to explain the obvious right of way and the fact that he is exiting a lane, turning to another which technically requires a full stop.

But here is whats awesome and why my wife rocks. She calmly walks up to the window and bends over, knocks on the window to give him the opportunity to roll down the window and man up. He freezes up and rolls away slowly along with all of his friends, staying silent.

After he rolls away I notice I do not hear a low rumble like I should from an M5 and the exhaust tips looked strange. That coupled with the crap condition of the car, who knows. Either way, wanted to share and moreover if the DB happens to be a member of this forum I hope you see this and reply so I have the opportunity to add to the insult my wife provided you lol.

PS-no disrespect to the modders who M5 it up, I think it is cool. Just giving reference to the condition of the car that approached me, cause we all know there are 2 types of modders out there, ones who like the look and ones who are sad, sad 2 dollar millionaires
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Contributors

I don't think it's the M5 that made this driver act badly ... he/she would likely act that way driving a Ford Focus. Unfortunately motor vehicle agencies don't administer personality tests for licenses ... they only want to ensure you can parallel park!

My hunch is that the driver was over-flexing a young and weak ego ... and, just happened to be driving a BMW.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior

Lol good call
Old 11-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

love the wife.. i would do the same in a calm way.. especially with my kids with me. shes got balls..like me
Old 11-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

If someone caught me that way on the wrong day I would have walked up to his window and asked what the [censored] his problem was, if i see someone waiting to cross in the middle of the road is alway let them cross if it is safe to do so. Patience and manners cost nothing.

I lost my Grandfather because some DB was driving his car without looking where he was going, there is no worse pain than watching someone you love gradually fade away never regaining consciousness. I visited him the entire week before he died, that is something i will never forget.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Contributors

don't sweat it man...
Old 11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='1061747' date='Nov 24 2009, 11:47 AM
If someone caught me that way on the wrong day I would have walked up to his window and asked what the [censored] his problem was, if i see someone waiting to cross in the middle of the road is alway let them cross if it is safe to do so. Patience and manners cost nothing.

I lost my Grandfather because some DB was driving his car without looking where he was going, there is no worse pain than watching someone you love gradually fade away never regaining consciousness. I visited him the entire week before he died, that is something i will never forget.
Sorry for your loss. Thats awful!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Two words: Smith & Wesson!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1063838' date='Nov 27 2009, 06:54 PM
Two words: Smith & Wesson!!!
So he should shoot him? :thumbsdown:
Old 11-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Contributors

i was driving through a mall parking lot and a little girl screamed at me to slow down. the mother gave her a dirty look, because i wasn't driving fast. i was prob doing about 5 mph. it wasn't very busy, but i usually inch along near crosswalks and what not. maybe the little girl was startled. either way, she was trailer park princess in training. she was maybe 7. I really wanted to yell at the mother to "put that thing on a leash" but i pretended like i didnt even hear it and just kept going. after all, they were on the sidewalk anyway.

I am guessing her mother is a loud drunk and always yelling at people racing through the trailer park, so she cant help it. she only emulates what she sees and she is clearly at an age where she is unable to interperet what is to fast or to slow. Again, I was inching forward, there was a car about 30 feet ahead of me going the same speed, so there was no need to go faster if i wanted to.

Quick Reply: Poor Representation