E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Police pulled me over

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
youre an 0-3 right?

let some friendly NCO advice reach your ears sir

SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW DOWN

i cant tell you how many counseling statements we have to do because people like to play "lets see whose shit we can push in farther while driving" game when they get pulled over and we know the sheriffs,

I got a $150 ticket for doing 40 in a 35 and i was in uniform, but over here by FLW, cops and sheriffs have penis envy

I'm an 0-3E, used to be an NCO myself. I'm also a battery commander and thing is, and its no excuse by any means, but I had a pretty shitty end to a good drill weekend. My 1SG and I suspected an AWOL soldier to be doing drugs, so when he finally did show up yesterday afternoon, in the midst of an FRG event, E4-E5 packets needing done, a sensitive and cyclical inventory that needed wrapped up, etc etc I ordered him to submit to a urinalysis test. Can you beleive that he refused! I clarified with him that he was disobeying a direct order and if he understood the consequences - he said he did. that's all we need to get him seperated, but damn did that piss me off. Oh, and after the order he admitted to using in the past week - wrong answer amigo. If he would have stepped up and told me before I ordered him to take the test he would have had a chance at being put in the Army Substance Abuse program, but not after knowing he was going to be tested.

anyway, all this crap was on my mind and I just wanted to get home, see the wife and kids, get out of the monkey suit and have a beer. Oh, and wash my car.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by xcntrk
Wow great read and very lucky! In VA, you'd do jail time for that excessive speed (no kidding). Good to hear the officer was cutting you a break while still improving PA's budget

Yeah, right. Jail time, now that would SUCK!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

I did get very, very lucky!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i (Sport, Prem, Nav, Logic7, Comf. Seats) Black on Black

He gave you a big, "thank you for your service to our country", without saying it.

Thanks for sharing, great story. I feel like I was in the car with you.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6 speed Manual

I was not so lucky.

i was not in my 545 when this all happened, i was on my motorcycle. but the story has a point, please read!

about 5 years ago i was ripping along skyline blvd, passed a car and damned if a chp didn't just show up around the next turn going the opposite direction. i looked back, saw no lights, and assumed he didn't see me pass the car.....so i got back on the gas and continued enjoying my saturday morning ride. turned at the next intersection and headed for home, down hwy 9, passing cars and going fast, never looking at my speedo or mirrors, just having a blast as i do every sat and sun. when i got close to town about 25 miles later i slowed down to the speed limit, cuz i was getting close to town. then i hear sirens, then i see lights....and my first thought was "f*ck me, what all did he see"?

so i pulled over and then he starts yelling at me through the loud speaker, telling me to go up the road and pull over when and where he told me to. next thing i know he's accusing me of felony fleeing and telling me i'm going to state lockup for 6 months minimum, i'm in handcuffs on the ground with his knee in my back. so i sit there in the ditch for about 30 minutes, by then another cop shows up and they both interrogate me for what seemed like an eternity doing their best to get me to admit i was fleeing, which i was not and just kept telling the truth that i did not know he was in pursuit.

he had smoke coming from all 4 of his wheels, his brakes were toast. still to this day the smell of burned brakes gives me the creeps.

i wasn't mentally prepared to deal with all this, i'd never been in any kind of trouble before.

by then i'm watching some hack brutally load my beloved bike on a towtruck and take it away, the bike still has scars from that fateful day.

next thing i know i'm off to jail, certain my life is over, will lose my job, and my house. my world was at an end. my shoulders were aching, and my hands went numb from the cuffs that were angrily installed.

he took me to jail and i spent 8hrs there in a full leather riding suit, with a bunch of drunks and other drugged up whackos. i was sober as a judge of course.

in the end i got charged with reckless driving and sentenced to 10 days, which i was able to serve in a weekend work program.

court fees, lawyer fee, bike impound, and other fines were about 5K in all.

the the point of this story is that when i'm in my 545 i go the speed limit, or just 5 over.

don't f*ck with the cops, they can make your life hell if they want to. plus you don't want to see your beloved bmw towed away and impounded.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by bha7176
I'm an 0-3E, used to be an NCO myself. I'm also a battery commander and thing is, and its no excuse by any means, but I had a pretty shitty end to a good drill weekend. My 1SG and I suspected an AWOL soldier to be doing drugs, so when he finally did show up yesterday afternoon, in the midst of an FRG event, E4-E5 packets needing done, a sensitive and cyclical inventory that needed wrapped up, etc etc I ordered him to submit to a urinalysis test. Can you beleive that he refused! I clarified with him that he was disobeying a direct order and if he understood the consequences - he said he did. that's all we need to get him seperated, but damn did that piss me off. Oh, and after the order he admitted to using in the past week - wrong answer amigo. If he would have stepped up and told me before I ordered him to take the test he would have had a chance at being put in the Army Substance Abuse program, but not after knowing he was going to be tested.

anyway, all this crap was on my mind and I just wanted to get home, see the wife and kids, get out of the monkey suit and have a beer. Oh, and wash my car.
And your shorts too I expect!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

u got lucky! $110 is A LOT better than a few hundred or closwe to the thousand u mightve been getting. Why cant we have the Autobahn?? LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by bha7176

A day in the life, its what makes this career so exciting!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

This past summer I was driving up I270 north in the DC area. The part where I drove has 4 lanes of express and two lanes of local. I was cleaning up some carbon from the car going about 80 in a 55 zone when I noticed a state trooper on the local lanes. I slowed down hoping the trooper did not see me. Unfortunately the trooper did and pulled me over. Thankfully I only got a warning. It is way too easy to go far in these cars.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by response_surface
don't f*ck with the cops, they can make your life hell if they want to. plus you don't want to see your beloved bmw towed away and impounded.

Damn, now that's a shitty end to an otherwise awesome driving story.

Quick Reply: Police pulled me over