E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Police pulled me over

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Know what else? My friend Bernadino NEVER gets off the hook. He's Mexican. He complains to me all the time about how unfair it is that he gets profiled constantly around our area and never once has a cop let him off the hook. In the meantime, I get off almost all the time. Racial profiling like this happens ALL THE TIME.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
WOW - I'm glad you didn't get the "Real Ticket." Couple months back I posted how I was doing 140 mph out on an open highway at 3 am. Only me and a Ford F150 on the road. Down in South Florida our highways are flat and straight for miles and miles. Any way, I was cruising doing 90 mph and being followed by a black F150. I got sight of a really long straight and floored it!! Got to 140 mph in like two heart beats. The car was still pulling strong. Needless to say, the F150 was way behind me at that point. I get off at the next exit and get stuck at a red light. Eventually the F150 pulls up next to me and rolls down the window. My heart hits the floor when he shows me his badge. Long story short, he let me go after asking me if I had a problem. My only response was, "I was just trying to have fun officer." Can't believe I said that. I guess he was off duty or something. He says, "That wasn't cool." I learned two lessons that night: The 550 is indeed fast and I need to be smarter than that. I travel too much for work and need a clean license to rent cars everywhere I go. So to everyone else out there. Be smart and take it easy.
What was an off duty officer going over the speed limit for? At least he didn't call his buddies I guess.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006
WOW lucky you! So how was your driving style afterwards? Stick to 65? And did you manage to pull away from the Lexus?
Rumor has it that BMW's drive-by-wire systems were sub-contracted to Toyota but the software was modified to provide Sudden INtended Acceleration !
Old 03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Originally Posted by gregoryalee
What was an off duty officer going over the speed limit for? At least he didn't call his buddies I guess.
Down here everybody drives over the posted speed limits. You're more likely to get into an accident doing the speed limit. Also, a lot of our highways are 4 to 6 lanes in each direction. I guess the officer was heading home just like me. I'm 100% sure if I stayed doing 90 mph he would have never bothered me, but when I got "Mc Nasty" on him he had to say something. Also, this happened before I got my RPI Scoop and exhaust, so I'm sure the car will do it even easier now. Like I said before, Lesson learned! Take it easy.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

i stopped driving like this 10 years ago

goofing around with some buddies in my old camaro ss

racing on the highway, spun out doing 360's in traffic

ended up 2 inches from guardrail facing the proper direction

no damage except losing a wheel weight and soiled underwear

it's really not worth it for any reason at all
Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

happened to me coming up the 50, i was cruising and a white tahoe comes blazing by, i knew the lane ahead went to a single, and i didnt wanna get stuck behind this boat in the twisties so i floored it, not too fast probably up to 95 to pass, he was about 85 at the time and i went to pass, he starts picking up speed and were side by side, he knows im gonna win so this guy brake checks and gets behind me instantly lighting me up... fvckin undercover. long story short he asks what did i think i was doing, so i told him honestly i didnt want to get stuck behind a suv. he said slow it down and let me off. i ended up having to follow him all the way up the hill haha
Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by -Mike-
i stopped driving like this 10 years ago

goofing around with some buddies in my old camaro ss

racing on the highway, spun out doing 360's in traffic

ended up 2 inches from guardrail facing the proper direction

no damage except losing a wheel weight and soiled underwear

it's really not worth it for any reason at all
that happened to a buddy of mine in his 1988 325i
Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport

Wow great read and very lucky! In VA, you'd do jail time for that excessive speed (no kidding). Good to hear the officer was cutting you a break while still improving PA's budget
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006
WOW lucky you! So how was your driving style afterwards? Stick to 65? And did you manage to pull away from the Lexus?

Very S L O W and deliberate all the way home.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Good fortune returned a favor this time. There are very few highways in the NE USA that are "safe" for triple digit travel.

I wonder if that Lexus (Or whatever) driver is having a giggle fit about baiting you ...
I'm sure he is, SOB blew his horn as he passed me on the side of the road. The only thing that pisses me off is that he didn't play the gentlemen game right. You know, the one where you take the lead for awhile and everyone follows you, then someone else takes the lead for awhile, etc etc. You share the risk so to speak. This guy just hung back there about 1/4 for over 60 miles. Damn!

Quick Reply: Police pulled me over