E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Podcasts - problems managing them via the iPod/USB option

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

The one place where the 6FL USB /iPod option seems to really pale in comparison to the MOST bus interface is in the area of Podcasts.

Unlike the MOST bus interface and the iPod itself, there is no top-level category for Podcasts.

One finds them as a genre.

In addition, unlike with the MOST bus iPod interface, podcasts which have already been played still appear on the Bordmonitor making for a crowded and messy screen.

I have an enquiry into the appropriate BMW product manager on this issue but I was wondering what everyone else was experiencing.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Anyone?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i w/Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Natural Brown Leather, NAV, Active Steering, Cold-Weather Package, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter. Build completed Sep , 2007.

The same behavior, haven't checked what happens when you connect the ipod back to itunes - i'm hoping that at least then the podcast would b marked as "read".

If you're talking the PM at BMW, I have a couple of other ipod related issues (I have the 80gb version, black, probably v5):

* sometimes when turning the car back on or switching back from the radio (I have a programmable key assigned to ipod), the entires in the playlist (now playing) are not shown, although the tracks continue to advance correctly.

* there was also an issue where the ipod hung, after switching back and forth while listening to an audiobook (but I don't recall the steps to reproduce)

Thanks!

P.S. not sure if this helped, but I tried
Old 12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by igord' post='503103' date='Dec 5 2007, 04:27 PM
The same behavior, haven't checked what happens when you connect the ipod back to itunes - i'm hoping that at least then the podcast would b marked as "read".

If you're talking the PM at BMW, I have a couple of other ipod related issues (I have the 80gb version, black, probably v5):

* sometimes when turning the car back on or switching back from the radio (I have a programmable key assigned to ipod), the entires in the playlist (now playing) are not shown, although the tracks continue to advance correctly.

* there was also an issue where the ipod hung, after switching back and forth while listening to an audiobook (but I don't recall the steps to reproduce)

Thanks!

P.S. not sure if this helped, but I tried
It helps. I forgot to mention the single track appearing when you restart the car - and the playlist disappearing. Haven't had that when switching from the radio but I will see if that behavior occurs.

I had the iPod hang once (about 5 weeks ago, I was driving to Hamburg) and I attributed it to a loose connection. If it happens again...