E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with power seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006
Default Please help with power seat

Problem: Passenger side seat buttons not responsive.

Long version:
Hello,
Just bought an 06 530i so I'm just now learning about the intricacies of BMWs. I installed the Bluetooth module from RoskInc. After putting everything back together I noticed there was no power to both my front seats. RoskInc was kind enough to let me know that the problem could be a loose connection behind the module with the DSC button. Apparently that controls the seats.

So I took the dash apart again and made sure the connections behind the DSC module were good. When I put it back together, power to the driver seat was restored, but passenger side was still dead. I checked the fuses and they all look fine.

I took it to a mechanic who says there is power going to the module so he suggested I replace it. Got one off eBay and plugged it in, but still not working.

Another thing odd is that if I wait awhile then press one of the seat buttons, there is some type of electrical noise (like something got activated) coming from the trunk. That is the only sign of life.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks!

PS Sorry for the long post, but I figure the more detail, the easier it might be to diagnose.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Members

All the buttons don't work? Most time it's just one of the motors and you get twisted seat. See Youtubs.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:19 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by brow@garlic.com
All the buttons don't work? Most time it's just one of the motors and you get twisted seat. See Youtubs.
All buttons do not work. It's like the seat is unplugged, but my mechanic said there is power going into the module.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2017, 08:29 PM
New Members

Solved my own problem! There was Fuse F21, inside the glove box was missing. I thought it was by design because it was working when I bought it and no one changed any fuses since then. Oh well...I'm happy it was a simple fix.

For future reference:

F14 = Drivers seat adjustment (right)
F21 = Passenger seat adjustment (left)

There is a fuse diagram inside the trunk lid under the emergency door.