E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Please help!!!!! Pass restraint malfunction, winsh

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

Today when I was installing my hid fogs, I didnt disconect the batteries and plugged in the hid fogs on one side of the car (passenger side), and then turned on my car with the other side not changed with stock fog(driver side), too see if they would work, and they did, but my car windshield wipers came on and wouldnt stop, and then ontop of that in my idrive a passegenr restraint malfunction came on which says passenger airbags, belt tension, and pulley are not working, and then a cruise malfunction error, but what really annoys me is that windshield wipers wont turn off and keep going and it starts when the idrive screen lights up 10 seconds after the car starts, Whatt to do!! I put back the stock fogs but it didnt change anything, should i try to replace fuses or should i disconnect the battery, what may have caused this problem? I hope i didnt fry my computer or battery or anything serious. please helpp!!! Thanks everyone

-Ben
Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Contributors

Anbody know what I should do, where are the fuses located in the rear trunk, and also where is the negative terminal for the battery. I am going to try and look for faulty fuses, what normally looks like a faulty fuse and where would i buy new ones, do you think that my battery is messed up, or fuses are blown, or my computer is at fault, please assist i tried to look for faulty fuses in the glove compartment, but no progress yet, anybody who has any knowldege on this issue please help me right away because I can't drive the car with the windshield wipers on at all times, and the dealership is my last resort since i'm out of warranty and cant wait for their service appointments since I need my car to get to work, thanks for all your guys help.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

Have you checked the fuses in the trunk? Did you turn off the battery before changing your bulbs?
Old 05-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Contributors

hey dinan530i I just picked it up from the shop it took 4.5 hours to fix they said and I gave them 400$. Yea it sucks well i guess I learned my lesson, Im going to try to install them again this time but unplug the battery so it doesnt happen again, i think that since i turned on my lights with one side being hi.id's and the other being stock yellow my computer got confused, so what should i do this time to make sure this doesnt happen again, Do you know where the negative terminal for the battery is i can find the positive under the hood but where is the negative, thanks and btw. do you guys think i should do this myself or take them to the shop. thanks man.