E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Please help me out!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELLO everyone, I just signed in and I have some questions to ask. I am from vancouver Canada, and I got a lovely 545i ( black sapphire w/ black dakota). The 545i was a factory order with some options. Now, we've been together only for five days . I used to have a E46 330ci cabrio but that was a pre-owned with 3k miles on it. So , here comes the problem: I don't really know how to take care the car during the break-in? my dealer told me not to drive too fast, not to let the rpm go over 4500, but that's not specific enough!! And I also found mist in the front light on the first two days,then the mist disappeared??? would that be serious?? then I also notice that the front door on the driver side will noise a little bit especially when the road is bumpy. So ,if anybody could give me some advice!! Thanks. Also, I am very curious about the actual performance of the 545i... can the 545i beat ..huh..like.. G35 Coupe , the new Acura TL, even take on the S4??
I will attach some pics as soon as possible!!

2004 545i black on black
Auto trans with sport pack ,L7 sound pack.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Teg
Members

Congrats on the car, I'm still waiting for mine. Anyway, check the manual on the breakin period. I believe there has been a number of postings to stay below 100 MPH for the breakin period. Second, you should call the dealer about what you saw in the head light and the door noises... Third, I recently sold a 2000 Vette because of kids but this matches 0-60 that my vette did. You should be able to blow away any of the cars like the G35 and the TL because they don't even come close to the horses that you put out. The 530 would be along those lines. Have fun and smoke the vettes out there!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Members

I had a same problem with the mist in the front light, but don't worry. will go away one or two days.

this is cause by the dealer when they wash your car with a high pressure water hose.

but won't happen in the rain..

nick
Old 03-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Members

Deedee, front door noise a little is a common issue with new E60 because the door rubber lining is not season yet. I had this problem at first but after a few weeks, it has gone away. If problem still there after many weeks, you can send your car to dealer to have the rubber lining replaced under waranty (not sure if you have the warranty) .
Old 03-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Members

Cool

thanks again for your help,guys!!!