E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Please help an idiot who messed up his electronics out

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 09:31 AM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 535xi, E61 535xi, E92 335xi
Default DISREGARD, SOLVED: Please help an idiot who messed up his electronics out

I have an e60 535xi and was removing my dash cam which I added to the fuse box and decided to be a dumb ass and try to save myself 2 seconds by not disconnecting the battery and I was also being distracted by several other people asking me to do things for them while I was doing it and I ended up putting the fuse back in the wrong location. Now I have all sorts of problems even though I believe I have the fuse in the correct location and to make things worse the OBD port no longer is working so I can't read any codes. I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. When I turn the car on I get "windshield wiper malfunction" and the wipers start going on their own but then stop, then I get awd and dsc malfunction, passenger, start-off assistance inactive, and then like I said the OBD isn't working anymore, and neither are any of the window buttons/switches. I took it for a short drive and everything else in the car seems to be working fine so I'm hoping this can be an easy fix like maybe the fuse is still in the wrong spot or that maybe I blew a different fuse or something and praying that I didn't fry an expensive module that I have no idea how to program. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery after about 30 seconds but that didn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated as I was about to sell this car and everything was working fine before my stupid mistake and now I'm worried I won't be able to get rid of it without basically giving away a car which previously had no issues. I can add pictures if that would help, thanks again.

SOLVED: fuse was incorrectly placed into slot number 31 when it was supposed to either be in number 28 or 29, I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Last edited by n54xdrive; 11-26-2023 at 10:19 AM.