E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535Xi Platinum Metalic Gray, Black Dakota Comfort pkg, Cold weather pkg.

I have a 08 535xi that I had John from motorconcepts install the upgraded hid in all of my front lights - fogs - head - and AE. It has been a year and it is by far one of the best upgrades you can do.

The problem I have is that when this upgrade is done it requires the back cover of the head light to be drilled out to fit new HID. Now becuase of this hole water was able to get inside wto the adaptive head lamp motor and kill it!

I could care lees about my adaptive head lamp motor as I have it turned of anyway. The part that sucks is the car is smart enoughf to know that this motor is now bad and has to display this error constantly. I just what the message to go away.

Is there a way to short, disconect, add a resistor anything? to get the error off?

If anyone has some advice please share.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

The check can be coded out. Go back to John and have him take care of the pain
Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535Xi Platinum Metalic Gray, Black Dakota Comfort pkg, Cold weather pkg.

Great idea I will call him thanks