E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Player Haters

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I noticed a hairline "hater scratch" on the near side panel of my beloved 6! the scratch it's a really wimp like scratch, like someone tried to do it as they walked passed and not stopping, it's like a quater of an inch long , as wide as an human hair and it hasn't broken to the metal . I baught the 6 a few weeks back second hand from a dealer , it may well have been there when I baught it , I'm about 60% on that theory .

or though hardly noticeable, I plan on taking her to the BMW body shop, does anyone have any idea what level of work the repair would require?

I'm also plan on buying one of those car covers, any thaughts on this? Would the cover and an outside sensor alarm ultimately detur jealous, broke ass cowards from such opportunist scratches, or attract more attention than needed?, I'm also sick of catching people eyeballing the crap out of her, like getting really close , stroking her and stuff . I'm from London England, I even caught two cops eyeballing her today, for no good reason! .
Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Sell the car !! Seriously ! It will make you nuts and a prick !
Old 09-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being that small and hasn't broke to the metal I'd try a simple product called Scratch X (walmart for like $7). May have to go over it a four or five times but it should work if done correctly. Megs website has some videos to show you how to use it correctly by hand.

Otherwise if you notice some swirls on the car (chances are there is some) have a full ext. detail done with paint correction. Depending on where you live and who you hire you can expect cost to be $150 to $400ish. They'll take care of that little blemish for and a whole lot more.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='664951' date='Sep 8 2008, 08:09 PM
Sell the car !! Seriously ! It will make you nuts and a prick !
eff that, I'll never give up my 6 ., would you sell yours ?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

poor boys SSR 2.5 then 1, those are poor boys super swirl removers works very well.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Frank_Flynn' post='664976' date='Sep 8 2008, 10:06 PM
eff that, I'll never give up my 6 ., would you sell yours ?
........would I sell mine ?? , hell yes if it made me neurotic and paranoid! Frank you're flipping out when the police are admiring it ? Putting an alarm and car cover on it is like putting a big red Bulls Eye saying come and get it .............and calling other admirers "broke ass cowards" is a bit much !! You're saying things that make people here on the Forums cringe at !!! Do us all a favour and sell the car before we get the E60 mafia to take it away from you and deliver it someone who is "balanced " in their appreciation of the car and it's ownership...........BTW the 1/4" scratch is a snap top fix with a mild rubbing compound and paint polisher ! Have a scotty and don't sweat it !

Cheers
Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

this thread has a certain resemblance to a recent ford thread ...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='665039' date='Sep 8 2008, 10:46 PM
Oh boy ....
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='665037' date='Sep 8 2008, 11:38 PM
........would I sell mine ?? , hell yes if it made me neurotic and paranoid! Frank you're flipping out when the police are admiring it ? Putting an alarm and car cover on it is like putting a big red Bulls Eye saying come and get it .............and calling other admirers "broke ass cowards" is a bit much !! You're saying things that make people here on the Forums cringe at !!! Do us all a favour and sell the car before we get the E60 mafia to take it away from you and deliver it someone who is "balanced " in their appreciation of the car and it's ownership...........BTW the 1/4" scratch is a snap top fix with a mild rubbing compound and paint polisher ! Have a scotty and don't sweat it !

Cheers
Ok look, I'm going to take the high road here, sorry, I didn't call any admirors any names, all names are aimed at any such person who may have scratched my car out of what I can only construe as jealousy unless ofcourse you think such dammage is a sign of admiration , second, I think I have a right to mitigate against any such damage , or enquire herewith if your home was burglarised, would you install an alarm?, or maybe it would mark your house with a big red "come rob me". Stealing a car of this magnitude would require an expert thief with a large window of opportunity, scrathing it takes key and gettling up close to say "admier the car" there is only one place I would employ a cover which is outside my home, the way I see it the cover will detur such persons from thinking they can get away with it as I slept, I live in urban London which is a very dense population, Apologies for anger, but this is a fresh event, in the grand scheme of things, I don't even care about it that much, its parked in the same place it's always parked . I appreciae the attention and admiration the car brings above the rare act of malice it may attract .

With which emotion do you think such acts of malice against your property would endeer ? , or maybe the scratch was a sign of admiration, or maybe a porche driver scratched it, in a moment of anger I gave in to my emotion and was willing to bet that someone scratched my car because they can't afford one of thier own , lastly ,exactly how many people on here do you speak for?, as I see most responses to my post were constructive help that I really appreciate , sorry if I offended you buddy . Thanks for the scratch advice .
Attached Thumbnails Player Haters-n1036236909_30122321_2561.jpg  
Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='665039' date='Sep 9 2008, 12:46 PM
+1